Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Hi all,

I use the Roco track cleaning wagons perminantly marshalled with the springs removed to help keep clean track clean. IMHO the only track cleaning wagon that actually cleans dirty track is the LUX powered unit used with the optional vacuum cleaner wagon - not cheap though @ around £200. I know of a guy that uses one for his OO outdoor (with catenry) layout.
The Peco rubber leaves an awful residue after its use - an alternative is the Roco of Fleischmann one - less agressive & no residue.
I often use surgical spirit to clean wheels - not the domestic variety, the commercial one obtainable from the chemists (try an independant rather than the "nationals".
One thing I would like to try though is "Railzip" - a few people have suggested it but where do I get it from ?
Interesting topic - it seems that everyone has their own favourite methods.

best regards
Brian

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Lancashire Fusilier @ 25 May 2006, 04:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So what is the best way then?

In a nutshell - there is'nt !

Everyone has their own methods, or a combination of theirs & other peoples.

What works for me, may not work for you. The best way is to try different methods & see which is the best for you & the way you operate your layout.

Although I am well happy with the methods I use, I always "keep my ears open" for other methods - you are always on a leaning curve with this hobby !

best regards
Brian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.