Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
No Such thing as dumb question

If the track connector is the old type that has two "fingers" it will slide underneath the rail between the rail and the plastic. You will need to identify the position by holding the rail and looking at from the side, you will see two cut outs from the plastic which allow the connector to slide in.
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
You're welcome

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
QUOTE (Lancashire Fusilier @ 9 Feb 2009, 07:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now don't use it at all and solder 2 wires to the track instead!

I agree with you Lancashire fusilier i never use connectors to the track, roughening the back of the rail with a file and soldering is always a better connection

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry, I have just received the mixed freight and some extra track. I can see that I will need/want to solder joints but to get it going quickly we are using the r8201 supplied with the set. It has two holes in the back. It is flat. It does not have any buttons on top. I did lever the top off with a penknife. It has two copper(?) plates inside and for a quick fix I slid the wires under these. It is okay but I doubt that is the correct way.

·
In depth idiot
7,673 Posts
Sounds to me that the connecting clip is designed to take a wire terminated with a solid pin, which will insert in the hole and be in fairly decent contact with the copper contact.

Getting started with soldered connections is the way forward, as you recognise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts