Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody assist or point me to a track diagram for Leuchars Junction, on the East Coast mainline between Dundee and Edinburgh, as it would have been in the mid fifties when the branch line to St Andrews and the one to Tayport were still operating,

thanks

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
I can't think of a track diagram location off the top of my head but you may find the Railways of Scotland DVDs veryuseful for prototypical information. The Edinburgh to Aberdeen one shows some good footage of Leuchars, Guardbridge and St A's at this time. The Fife one concentrates more on Thornton junctions and south Fife.

I found this

and this

But you would probably want something more localised.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mike,

I think I have a Track Layout file of Leuchars Junction done in Rail3D a while back. I think I might have it at work. I wouldn't be able to Capture a Screen Image of it, coz it's far too big to be able to fit onto the screen all at once.

You could Download the Software from http://www.rail3d.net (it's free) and I could email the Layout file to you if that's any help.

Don't know how complete it is.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Have a look at local.live.com. You can zoom in very closely on the aerial photo of what's left of Leuchars Junction, and that should give you a pretty good idea of the basic layout that can be fleshed out by photos taken at gorund level. They even suppy a scale bar to make things easier.
Hope that helps, Nick

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Nick Holliday @ 13 Dec 2006, 09:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have a look at local.live.com. .
Hope that helps, Nick

Hey, nice one,

I'm sure more of us will be using this to get data.

Regards

John

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Mike.

I've got that Rail3D Track Layout file for Leuchars. Incidentally, it basically 1970s - 1980s track layout, but the gist of it is there, including the routes of the Tayport and St. Andrews branches. I don't know if you've managed to download the Rail3D software yet.

I received your message through the Model Rail Forum, but in any event, you'll have to give me Email details so I can send you the file.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
This is a slight tangent from the original query but I figured that anyone looking at this would be familiar with Fifes railways. Does any have or know where I can get photographs of the Old Station and Railway line in Leven and onward to Largo? I have bought the two Railways of Scotland DVD's which cover Fife and also The last days of steam in Fife but they seem to focus on Thornton Junction and west south Fife. Any pointers would be appreciated.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Nick Holliday @ 13 Dec 2006, 09:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have a look at local.live.com. You can zoom in very closely on the aerial photo of what's left of Leuchars Junction, and that should give you a pretty good idea of the basic layout that can be fleshed out by photos taken at gorund level. They even suppy a scale bar to make things easier.
Hope that helps, Nick

Hi Nick & thanks for the link, had a look at an aerial view of my humble abode - question is "how can you print off a copy ?".

Anyone know please ?

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 15 Dec 2006, 10:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Nick & thanks for the link, had a look at an aerial view of my humble abode - question is "how can you print off a copy ?".

Anyone know please ?

This may help.
To print yourmaps etc go to http://local.live.com andon the live search click print, and then make your selection.

Regards

John

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have printed the 3D images out by using the "Print Screen" key, and then pasting into PowerPoint or some other drawing package and then cropping the extraneous bits. You can then add further images to make a panoramic view.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts