Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have checked around the block at all the different layout planning software; and the one that has given me the best first impression, I have to admit, is 3rd PlanIt... Before I go ahead and buy the full version, I was wondering if anyone on the forum used this software and whether they had any impressions about it after having used the full version of it

Hope someone can inform me!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (poliss @ 23 Dec 2007, 15:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have you looked at Xtrkcad?

Yup, I pretty much grabbed all the planning software that's around and played with them to get a feel for how they are set up... I generally like a software where I don't have to adapt how I think to make it work and the only one so far where I feel any semblance of this is 3rdPlanIt.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DRail is a new one for me... I'll have a look!
Weird that the demo crashes on ya...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that recommendation, Tony, I think I've found my new software... and it's way cheaper than 3rdPlanIt!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I remember trying WinRail - so I must have found it too steep on the learning curve.
But I just finished doing a complex 12 track station yard on D Rail, and I have to say, I am sold!

Going to buy it later this evening.

Thanks for the advice fellas!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts