Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John Forsythe, owner of Train Control Systems (TCS), a US DCC decoder manufacturer, will be at the Warley show in December. Due to last minute plan changes, he was too late to get a booth/table. He will be wandering around wearing a TCS shirt, and would really like to talk to UK modelers who use DCC.

He produces an excellent range of decoders, and his website has an enormous amount od DCC info

http://www.tcsdcc.com

I'm not affiliated with TCS, just told him I would post this info on some of the UK forums I am on.

Thanks.

Jim Flynn
Salisbury NC
USA

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
UK TCS stockist Bromsgrove Models will be present at Warley on stand F07. I do know that Bromsgrove Models are always incredibly busy at the show! That proximity seems like as good a place as any for John Forsythe to make his presence known.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE (Jim Flynn @ 22 Nov 2007, 10:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>John Forsythe, owner of Train Control Systems (TCS), a US DCC decoder manufacturer, will be at the Warley show in December. Due to last minute plan changes, he was too late to get a booth/table. He will be wandering around wearing a TCS shirt, and would really like to talk to UK modelers who use DCC.
Thanks for that Jim, I will bring my autograph book.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Does anybody have any info on WARLEY Show? Sounds good to visit, never been my self, but any idea when it is? and how to get there (wherever it is) by rail?

I know this is not regarding DCC, but thought I'd post it here considering it says Warley in the title...

Cheers

·
Registered
201 Posts
the warley show is the biggest (I think) in uk. its in 2 weeks time. it is at the NEC so if you get off the train at Birmingham international and hed for hall 5( the biggest single hall at the NEC). Probably the best way to get a ticket is to now pre order from the NEC as i don't think Warley are still doing their preordered ticket.

If you come on saturday come and introduce yourself to me on the Wyre Forest Model Railway Club stand no sure on the stand number (Gary could you help on this matter)

Alistair Buchan

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE Does anybody have any info on WARLEY Show?

There is a page on the Warley club website which is updated frequently. Type "Warley Model Railway Exhibition" into any search engine and you'll get a link. There is information on the layouts and traders who will be attending as well as details on how to get advanced tickets, though as Alistair has said, the NEC is your last chance now, provided you trust the mail to be delivered on time. My tickets posted in Brum first class took 5 days to reach me. The show is now only 8 days away, that's 7 postal deliveries starting from tomorrow AM.

David

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for that, I have had a look on WARLEY website and it appears to have an on the day price so will just turn up as postal system takes ages round here, dont know why but it took over a week for a card to come from the next village when I could have just gone and pushed it through the letter box same day.

Yes if I come I will introduce my self as I am keen to learn more about DCC and point motors as I havent a clue how to wire them up as the digital system Hornby offer takes a while to get my head around remembering point numbers as well as loco addresses.

Cheers

·
Registered
201 Posts
we will have a short setion of track to show off the DCC sound loco's that will be hammering up and down our 00 gauge layout in a few years time.

I know a fair amount about DCC from reading some of the available books, so ask if there is any questions that you have.

Alistair

·
Registered
110 Posts
Alistair, many thanks for your info. If I come, it will be the Sunday, but will see if I can get a train there in time as they are less frequent on Sundays as many of you know.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts