Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A simple question considering the new hornby catalogue will be out in a couple of weeks.

What would you like to see in train pack form? Steam or diesel, freight or passenger.

Personally i wouldn't mind seeing hornby tackle the new measurement train as it is long enough to get a train pack and coach pack out of it. That or the Arriva trains/EWS class 37's and mk 2's which could be released as a pair of 37's and 2 coaches with the extra's sold separate.

The latter i used to see coming into Leeds station every morning and sometimes leaving on the Leeds-Carlisle service and not always with the 3 specially allocated locos on top and tailing. I personally think this would sell well due to withdrawal of the real set from service in Wales.

You might even want to see a particular train pack re-released with newer items (like the Northumbrian set).

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'd love the Kentish Belle (Not the Thanet Belle) re-released, if possible, with new Pullmans and a Bulleid WC/BoB.

Any sleeper train, whether it be released as a mail order or no, would be nice, or possibly the "Irish Mail" with a Royal Scot, Britannia or Patriot (depending on who makes it) heading the set up.

Now that Hornby have a 73, I'd love to see a GatEx (1994-2004 livery, please!) pack, even if I have to build a GLV to go with it myself!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be nice to see some Gatwick Express stock especially as no one did the carriages just the loco's. Perhaps Bachmann could consider doing a 2+3 car dmu set as i keep seeing them going in and out of Leeds station.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would like to see some trainpacks with weathered rolling stock.
For example a train of the Settle Carlisle route with a late crest A3 and maroon Stanier coaches, all weathered.

Of course I could accept a weathered Brittania pacific instead of the A3 as long as its loco driven and weathered.

I wonder wether I will still have money for rolling stock left after the Hornby DCC system has reached the shops....

Thomas

·
Registered
213 Posts
QUOTE (spongebob @ 25 Dec 2005, 14:00)It would be nice to see some Gatwick Express stock especially as no one did the carriages just the loco's. Perhaps Bachmann could consider doing a 2+3 car dmu set as i keep seeing them going in and out of Leeds station.

On the subject of DMUs, how about an "NSE 1992" pack with a weathered Bachmann Cl. 108 in NSE and a sparkling Cl. 165/166!

How about the Serco track recording train from Hornby- Cl. 73s/37s/47s (perhaps one powered, one dummy top'n'tailing, as they do in real life), Railtrack Mk. 2 (Air Con) green and blue stock, and we can buy the Britannia Pacific Models Saloon ourselves- I've got one already (Mmmm- dat's noice, dat isss!)

Howsabout a fully super detailed "Flying Scotsman" (1930s) set- Proper teak coaches, an etched headboard, a loco other than 4472, and a super detailed A3/A4 heading it up??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts