Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 25 May 2006, 22:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Check out this news item from yesterday's Autoexpess website. The photos which accompany the article are something else! The driver doesn't look like your average sub-25 tearaway either:

Three wheels on my wagon...

David
It could just be the angle of the camera but I can't see any warning lights flashing on the crossing I would've thought something would've been visible.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Well yes there is that arguement Doug. That would imply a bit of sense though and there is precious little of that in this country and seemingly not just from the youth of it either. Its a worrying video but nothing compared to school minibuses playing chicken or other supposed professional drivers in lorries and vans running through the barriers. Of course the cost of putting barriers on the crossing will've trebled since the accident happened so its going to have to be a bridge or just close the railway line.

·
Registered
763 Posts
The only lvel crossing I can think of anywhere near where I live still has the old type gates on it although there hasn't been a track for years never mind a train.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts