Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I know that Traintronics no longer exists, and hasn't done so for some years, but I was hoping that I might be able to get a single Red/Green signal that may be laying around somewhere collecting dust as I recently broke one of mine.

Best Rgds,
Dave R
Australia

·
Administrator
9,890 Posts
My googling suggests that Traintronics closed down in June 2020 but the search also turned up several shops in the UK which look like they have some stock left.

David

Reactions: 34C

·
In depth idiot
7,808 Posts
Hello! A quick search of this site confirms what I thought about not seeing much mention of it here; your post regarding this product line is the 4th ever, and the other three are roughly ten years ago by folk we haven't heard from in quite a while; so little likelihood of any owners here. OTOH, you are living in the lucky country!

Exactly as above, I feel this is one of those 'act quickly' situations; business not long closed, and a search for UK stockists may well turn up what you want from remaining stock. Good luck with the hunt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My googling suggests that Traintronics closed down in June 2020 but the search also turned up several shops in the UK which look like they have some stock left.

David
2020, I was sure it was earlier than that. Anyway thanks for the reply I'll see what I can find out there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello! A quick search of this site confirms what I thought about not seeing much mention of it here; your post regarding this product line is the 4th ever, and the other three are roughly ten years ago by folk we haven't heard from in quite a while; so little likelihood of any owners here. OTOH, you are living in the lucky country!

Exactly as above, I feel this is one of those 'act quickly' situations; business not long closed, and a search for UK stockists may well turn up what you want from remaining stock. Good luck with the hunt.
OK thanks anyway I'll continue my searches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As for living in the 'Lucky Country' I'd agree with that. I've been here since late '81 and never looked back - love it. Although I do miss the trains, obviously, and country pubs. I don't know, they seem to have a certain air about them. Stay safe well.

Best Rgds,
Dave R.

·
Chief cook & bottle washer
2,952 Posts
Good luck with the search, Dave. My Mrs and me came out in '74 and as you say, haven't looked back. We'd never have been able to buy our own house over there and while I always moan about the summer here, we wouldn't go back to live. Holidays; great and the pubs and loved the Autumn colours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Peter,

Still crave for a Christmas in the snow and am hopeful to get at least one in before we drop off the perch, probably in Banff, Canada.

Best Rgds,
Dave R.
Victoria

1 - 8 of 8 Posts