Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Administrator
10,695 Posts
QUOTE Unless I missed something it looks like a turntable to me.

That's what I thought until I looked at the centre of the first page of the brochure. I had to "double take" to work out what I was looking at, but then decided it really was a traverser table and I want one. Big minus to Heljan for "Guess what this is" photo.

David

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 18 Feb 2008, 19:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's what I thought until I looked at the centre of the first page of the brochure. I had to "double take" to work out what I was looking at, but then decided it really was a traverser table and I want one. Big minus to Heljan for "Guess what this is" photo.

David

Doh.....................

Well spotted David - here's me looking at page 8 !

No wonder I missed it on page 1.

· Administrator
10,695 Posts
QUOTE Well spotted David - here's me looking at page 8 !

The credit isn't due to me. It was Oakeydoke's post that made me look again. Heljan owe him a big thank you for putting the rest of us on to it.

David

· Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 18 Feb 2008, 11:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've never "heard" a quiet one yet !

Glad to hear it's working ok - it's a useful bit of kit.

I found my old Hornby turntable and wired it up tocompare to the traverser and I must say that the TT is considerably louder. Although the traverser is louder than my FL TT, all in though the noise is that noticable to me. Reducing the voltage did help though!

Rob

· Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
QUOTE (Oakydoke @ 15 Feb 2008, 21:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I see that Heljan have announced a Traverser to be released later this year.
I don't know if it's DCC controlled?

http://www.heljan.dk/filarkiv/billeder/3112008162124.pdf
I noticed this when I was searching for my Traverser, and to be honest I'm not sure how useful it will be. Ok so it will be able to accept tracks any difference apart as I'm sure it will be programmable like their turntable, but is this a big advantage? For a TT yes, but for a traverser I'm not so sure. The only benefit I can see is that there will be no need to convert it from 3 rail to 2, but I'm sure this will come at a price of about £150.
Rob

· Registered
109 Posts
I received the Heljan Transfer Table from Walthers recently. It works fine and should fit in most model railway scenes (American, European etc). It can be operated as a DC or DCC installation and the indexing is exact. The table is fitted with Code 83 track and the installation of the pit is quite simple. The pit can be extended with the pit extension kit. The motor and decoder is built into the operator's cabin on the table and is fitted with a white LED for interior lighting The only negative comment I have about the Heljan Transfer Table is the yellow LED lights on the table which are rather toy like and I will eventually replace it with Viessmann lights. HTH.

Regards.

Johan

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.