Model Railway Forum banner

Trees

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Richard Johnson 
#1 ·
Hi modellers, I am planning to build a small N gauge layout, there will be lots of trees. What is the recommended scale heights of trees like oak, pine, etc.

Also I am after some carriages of the type you see in pleasure park train rides, open sided all round with bench seats inside. does anyome manufacture such items.

#2 ·
QUOTE (raggy @ 12 Jul 2008, 22:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi modellers, I am planning to build a small N gauge layout, there will be lots of trees. What is the recommended scale heights of trees like oak, pine, etc.

Also I am after some carriages of the type you see in pleasure park train rides, open sided all round with bench seats inside. does anyome manufacture such items.

***Look in a couple of garden centre or tree selling websites - they will usually tell U the height of mature trees. scale that at 2mm to the foot and U have your answer! Most modellers make trees a little small...... but over big trees do overpower a small layout. Check the real height then consider the whole "scene" being modelled and use good judgement!

Richard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.