Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this is in the wrong place

The pictures are of a triang battle of britian class locomotive Winston Churchill which was my dad and is about 40/50 years old. The name tages have come off and I would like to replace them and posibley redo the number as in a few years it will be a non runner and have to be on static display. Could any one tell me where to get replacment name plates or how to do redo the number.
I know that it missing a pair of wheels on the tender i removed these as it came off arround every couner

thanks

Right hand side

Left hand side

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hello,
I would try Kings Cross or CGW for nameplates, these are both etched and good quality. As for renumbering try Modelmaster transfers, the old numbers should come off if you use a cotton bud soaked in meths are very gently rub the cotton bud against the numbers.

Regards
Clive

·
In depth idiot
7,678 Posts
Someone has had the connecting rods off too at some point. Swap them over side to side, so that the projecting piece on the crank points upwards to represent the oil reservoir.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that.

Yes the connecting rod have had to come of many time thought i had but them on the right way but thanks for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts