Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to all modelers just joined thought i'ed see how you all do things, i'am in the begining process, actually i'am not into the modern models , still in the 60s doing triang 00, i bought my old rs 38 snow rescue set home, i intend to build a super4 track layout, and run my old set plus scotsman and mallard, hope this don't affend the present day modelers.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (oilcan @ 30 Mar 2008, 19:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hope this don't affend the present day modelers.

Not as far as I'm concerned - personally, I do like to see "vintage" models in use - if it offends modern day modellers tough !

Welcome to MRF.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Al @ 30 Mar 2008, 19:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Super 4. Bloody hell. Thats going back some....

But then again, I'm old enough to remember Series Three, & before that Standard & Graham Farish (i think) fibre sleepered track.

Not forgetting the original black Princess Elizabeth with roller pickups.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Super4? Was that the name of a beatles cover act?! Whats that got to do with railways?

haha....bit before my time I'm afriad...

Rob

·
Registered
15 Posts
QUOTE (oilcan @ 30 Mar 2008, 19:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hello to all modelers just joined thought i'ed see how you all do things, i'am in the begining process, actually i'am not into the modern models , still in the 60s doing triang 00, i bought my old rs 38 snow rescue set home, i intend to build a super4 track layout, and run my old set plus scotsman and mallard, hope this don't affend the present day modelers.

Hi there Oilcan and welcome!!..i havnt been here that long as well..still finding my way around the site..quite a lot to look at...Yours sounds like an interesting project...look foward to seeing some pics of it...Cheers...Bryan from Somerset

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just like to say a big thankyou for making me feel welcome, i'am a bit slow i've bin making a 5ftx2ft see if they run board the last couple of days, and as its old track it needs tlc and a lot of cleaning, but we are wining, ad me R.155 diesel switcher and a R.353 yard switcher shunting back an fourth, not bad for the early 60s, trouble is i've got to start from scratch in the garage , and you know what it's like big boys and there toys as her in doors puts it we can't wait to see if things work, am i right eh .once again cvr-trunkerthree, 80class, dbclass 50 ,and AL for making me feel at ome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts