Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
is asleep
758 Posts
Hello all,

I just noticed from the news section on 1zu160 that the new online direct shop of Trix and Minitrix is now online and available in German and English. You can buy H0, N and spare parts for both direct from Trix, and there do seem to be some good deals, one can pay by credit card (amongst other methods for Germany etc.). Postage to Germany is good and to the UK is EUR 19.95 for however much you order. They seem to have a searchable database of spare parts and also some model diagrams/parts lists and will probably add more.

This is an interesting development and one wonders if Trix are investigating cutting out the middleman, so to speak, and selling directly to the public! The wonders of the Internet I suppose, although the range available in N at least doesn't quite include everything. Does anyone else have an opinion of the website??
I'm sure it can only be a good thing for the hobby, although I note that recently there have been issues with some UK suppliers complaining that they could not keep stock of Minitrix but would gladly order it in and said that Trix would have to cave in and revert to the old system - is this their answer? Direct sales to the public? Perhaps invertment bankers taking over is not always a bad thing...as long as quality is not compromised!!

I must say that my latest purchases of some "Alpine Transit" set wagons (from the 20 wagon set Minitrix 15645) ((not currently available directly)) were very good value for money, well packed with a protective plastic sheet, detailed and crisply printed, metal wagon body, close coupling etc. - so far no quality issues!!

Minitrix 15645-01 ÖBB bogie RCA container wagon (I paid £13.50!)
Pictures of the whole set available here: http://www.spur-n-schweiz.ch

Goedel

·
Registered
107 Posts
QUOTE (goedel @ 18 Jul 2007, 20:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello all,

I just noticed from the news section on 1zu160 that the new online direct shop of Trix and Minitrix is now online and available in German and English. You can buy H0, N and spare parts for both direct from Trix, and there do seem to be some good deals, one can pay by credit card (amongst other methods for Germany etc.). Postage to Germany is good and to the UK is EUR 19.95 for however much you order. They seem to have a searchable database of spare parts and also some model diagrams/parts lists and will probably add more.

This is an interesting development and one wonders if Trix are investigating cutting out the middleman, so to speak, and selling directly to the public! The wonders of the Internet I suppose, although the range available in N at least doesn't quite include everything. Does anyone else have an opinion of the website??
I'm sure it can only be a good thing for the hobby, although I note that recently there have been issues with some UK suppliers complaining that they could not keep stock of Minitrix but would gladly order it in and said that Trix would have to cave in and revert to the old system - is this their answer? Direct sales to the public? Perhaps invertment bankers taking over is not always a bad thing...as long as quality is not compromised!!

I must say that my latest purchases of some "Alpine Transit" set wagons (from the 20 wagon set Minitrix 15645) ((not currently available directly)) were very good value for money, well packed with a protective plastic sheet, detailed and crisply printed, metal wagon body, close coupling etc. - so far no quality issues!!

Minitrix 15645-01 ÖBB bogie RCA container wagon (I paid £13.50!)
Pictures of the whole set available here: http://www.spur-n-schweiz.ch

Goedel

Thank you for link.
I was disapointed they had not deemed CANADA important enough to be included on the Country Mailing list.
Even Vietnam is listed.
I have emailed them for their reason for omiting CANADA!
Cheers,
Bryan.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
THREADJACK ALERT!!!!

Goedel, have you seen the new N-scale Blue Tiger loco by Mehano? If not, here´s the discussion (German language, with photo links) on www.1zu160.net:

Mehano Blue Tiger discussion

A friend of mine bought one, I´ve just returned from his place, and it´s a great model imho.

OK, carry on...

THREADJACK ALERT CALED OFF!!!!

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE (Nozomi @ 18 Jul 2007, 22:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thank you for link.
I was disapointed they had not deemed CANADA important enough to be included on the Country Mailing list.
Even Vietnam is listed.
I have emailed them for their reason for omiting CANADA!
Hello Bryan,

Either it is an accident because the website is new, or perhaps a model shop chain in Canada has some kind of deal which stops Trix selling direct to the Canadian people?

Goedel

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
QUOTE (goedel @ 18 Jul 2007, 23:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello Bryan,

Either it is an accident because the website is new, or perhaps a model shop chain in Canada has some kind of deal which stops Trix selling direct to the Canadian people?

Goedel

The USA aren´t on the list, either, which leads me to believe that these countries may be served by Walther´s rather than Trix directly.

·
Registered
107 Posts
QUOTE (goedel @ 18 Jul 2007, 21:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello Bryan,

Goedel

Hello Goedel,

**%[email protected]!(+#*

We don't have much in the way of model shop chains here but we do have a Euro dealer in Vancouver called Euromodels.
I don't deal with Walthers.

Disapointed in Victoria

Cheers,
Bryan.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (ME 26-06 @ 19 Jul 2007, 07:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The USA aren´t on the list, either, which leads me to believe that these countries may be served by Walther´s rather than Trix directly.

This is probably because Trix has it's own dedicated North American website. They have sold direc to the public for some time.

I didn't think the prices were that great. I found Modelbahn Kramm etc cheaper. Very handy for spares though in the unlikely event you may need them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
QUOTE (goedel @ 18 Jul 2007, 21:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello Bryan,

Goedel

Hello Goedel,

Here is an update if anybody is interested from the horses mouth.

Received reply from Frank Meyer of Märklin.

"Because of some unsolved legal questions we don'd deliver actually to Canada or the USA".

With best regards,

i.A Dipl.-Ing.Frank Meyer.

I suspect the USA side is behind it and Canada follows them.

Cheers,
Bryan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts