Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts

22797 H0 DB III VT10.5 Senator 4-tlg.

Trix have announced their new items for 2008 and there are some very good items in there including a K.Bay S3/6 and a reissuing of the Rheingold coaches. There is also the DB Senator as the Trix Profi club model with an add on coach set to make up a full length train.

22028 H0 DRG BR 01 Sound

22040 H0 K.Bay.Sts.B. S 3/6 Sound

22038 H0 DRG BR 18.4 Sound

22053 H0 DRG BR 96 Sound

22070 H0 DB-Cargo BR 232 Ludmilla

22145 H0 DRG BR 45

22355 H0 NS V ELD4 Koploper

22184 H0 K.Bay.Sts.B. B VI Sound
This one is a real beauty and I have to have one.

22628 H0 DB IV BR 401 ICE 1 Grundset

23427 H0 DB IV TEE-Wagen-Set Bavaria

23430 H0 DRG Wagenset Rheingold
I always regretted not getting these first time around and will definitely be getting a set of these this year.

23440 H0 DB-AG Dosto-Steuerwg. 2. Kl.

There is also a return to the building kits.

These and many other items can be viewed here.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Looks like a K.Bay 3/9 & a 232 (I may even let BRITHO have a play with the 232 if he behaves) for me then.

Fortunatly, I already have a Rheingold set.

There are some other very nice models as well, but I shall have to restrain myself.

Thanks for the pics Neil.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 24 Jan 2008, 06:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

22070 H0 DB-Cargo BR 232 Ludmilla

QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 24 Jan 2008, 07:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>(I may even let BRITHO have a play with the 232 if he behaves)

OK, OK I'll behave.....

I really am starting to like the Bavarian stuff. Hmm...........

Regards

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Wheel profiles on the Epoch I models look to be very fine
some of the other models still a little toy like

Did the TEE Bavaria have a DB Dining car, as all the pictures I have show it with a swiss (SBB) one

The Senator DMU is very interesting model as it was a pure DSG sleeping composite train.
Coaches still do not look to be scale 1/87 length

The BR 96 will most probably find a home on the layout.

David

·
Registered
296 Posts
Great lineup from Trix, looks like a very healthy mixture of epochs, and countries represented.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (adecoaches26point4 @ 25 Jan 2008, 18:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wheel profiles on the Epoch I models look to be very fine
some of the other models still a little toy like

Which ones were you thinking of?

Did the TEE Bavaria have a DB Dining car, as all the pictures I have show it with a swiss (SBB) one

The Senator DMU is very interesting model as it was a pure DSG sleeping composite train.

It's a bit expensive though at euro 599

Coaches still do not look to be scale 1/87 length

Apparently they are making an effort to ensure that they will be so in future. e.g. the ICE3 is the first model of this train to have 1/87 length coaches.

The BR 96 will most probably find a home on the layout.

David

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Neil,

The flanges on the 3/6 and DRG 18.4 look much finer than on the other locos pictured.
The tender on the 01 looks dated, when compared to other manufactures offerings of the same type.
I used Trix International coaches prior to Liliput releasing scale length 303 mm coaches.
I would buy three of the same coach and make two scale length ones by cutting and taking parts from each to make the coaches I wanted.
I have always considered Trix to be a quality product in the past and will be the first in the queue when they produce the new scale models.

David

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
David,

the S3/6 pictures show the Micro Metakit model.

Let´s hope the Trix turns out almost as good as the pictures show.

Apparently Trix has a knack for using other manufacturers´ models as samples - the Schwaiger 1012, the Lemaco RAm, the Micro S3/6.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (ME 26-06 @ 26 Jan 2008, 23:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>David,

the S3/6 pictures show the Micro Metakit model.

Let´s hope the Trix turns out almost as good as the pictures show.

Apparently Trix has a knack for using other manufacturers´ models as samples - the Schwaiger 1012, the Lemaco RAm, the Micro S3/6.
If that's true I may have to buy a second one!

Sorry David, I didn't get that you were referring to the wheels only.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 25 Jan 2008, 05:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Personally I love it!

Neil please don't encourage me or I'll start dribbling at exhibitions. (sits back and waits for the inevitable)

Regards

·
Registered
296 Posts
*scratches head* Now how can I get that Epoch V NS Koploper to appear in my layout without it looking out of place

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Kimbo @ 29 Jan 2008, 08:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>*scratches head* Now how can I get that Epoch V NS Koploper to appear in my layout without it looking out of place

I don't let that stop me. If I really like it I buy it.

Lokshop now have English language information of the new Trix items.

Just saw this item which looks very nice. The German version of the new items catalogue is on Lokshops site and some of the prices aren't bad at all. The E19 is only 199 Euros so maybe 160 at Modelbahnm Kramm?

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Ha - thought "you can't tempt me with that Mr Woods - I've already got one" !

Then I realised that mine is the earlier one with the earlier mech - dam &

Do I or don't I ?

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
Some lovely stuff...

What really impressed me when I could drag my eyes away from some of the nicer loco's was the dimensions of that gasometer on the trix website - appx 300x300x300 so if those are as shown and not over a big flat base, then at last, a commerical one that is of reasonable size (exxy though!!)

Richard

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Richard Johnson @ 29 Jan 2008, 13:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What really impressed me when I could drag my eyes away from some of the nicer loco's

Ah ha we'll make a continental modeller of you yet Richard

Regards

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
Getting closer....repeat after me (about a hundred times):

When the flanges are smaller and match the super quality & realism of the rest of the model
When the flanges are smaller and match the super quality & realism of the rest of the model

Actually - I'm probably already doomed - some already are....

but.... I couldn't stop my current love affiar with the LMS, Midland and S&C, so I'll just have to double the insanity and start a second layout....

Richard

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 29 Jan 2008, 14:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ah ha we'll make a continental modeller of you yet Richard

Regards

Richard,

check out the Fleischmann class 95 and the Brawa class 56 (G4/5H). These have smaller flanges than the rest of the crowd, as do several Gützold engines.

Or, take a look at a Roco class 18.4 /S3/6), flangewise.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It wouldn't surprise me if they did reduce the flange size on the Trix models. There seems to be a change in this years catalogue where detail and scale accuracy are taking priority. There's so many good things to get this year. Where am I going to get all the money?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts