Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning.

Is anyone here a current member of the Trix Profi Club? If so, have you received your Profi Club wagon and any specials that you ordered?

I was told they woud be delivered in October, but so far I have heard nothing.

All the best,
Chris

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (cmanvell @ 19 Nov 2007, 18:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good morning.

Is anyone here a current member of the Trix Profi Club? If so, have you received your Profi Club wagon and any specials that you ordered?

I was told they woud be delivered in October, but so far I have heard nothing.

All the best,
Chris

Morning Chris,

I am

No

Usually December although our local Maerklin rep told me the catalogue is likely to be February.

cheers

Neil

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi, I had been looking to join the "Trix Profi Club" but could only find info in German on the Trix site. What do you actually get for your years membership and how do you join? Is it one wagon and a magazine? Are there extra special editions you can order? I noticed they still have stock of the 2005,2006 models, but can you still buy/get them?

thanks

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (simonj @ 20 Nov 2007, 10:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, I had been looking to join the "Trix Profi Club" but could only find info in German on the Trix site. What do you actually get for your years membership and how do you join? Is it one wagon and a magazine? Are there extra special editions you can order? I noticed they still have stock of the 2005,2006 models, but can you still buy/get them?

thanks

Hi Simon,

you get four by two magazines each year. You get Club News and then a Profi magazine which has lots of prototype and modeling info. You get a club car and a catalogue and best of all an annual dvd. There now I beleive to be a smaller second dvd which shows new items. There is also a club card but that's nothing to shout about.

You also get a chance to buy the special club edition locos. This years HO one is a BR05 003 as depicted below. This should be available in the next month and I am looking forward to getting mine!

Here is a link to the Trix website which has the info. I beleive that Gaugemaster are the Trix/Maerklin agent for the UK so give them a ring. Personally I think it's great value for money considering what you get.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Hi Simon.

QUOTE (simonj @ 19 Nov 2007, 23:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, I had been looking to join the "Trix Profi Club" but could only find info in German on the Trix site. What do you actually get for your years membership and how do you join? Is it one wagon and a magazine? Are there extra special editions you can order? I noticed they still have stock of the 2005,2006 models, but can you still buy/get them?

I signed up via the US Website (which was cheaper than the German one). Unfortunately I was quite late (March) doing that and it was only after chasing them on the Web and several telephone conversations with the English speaking rep in Germany that I managed to get an order in for the special loco for this year. So if you do want to join, the earlier the better. Yes, there is a 'free' wagon and you can sign up by mid June for either an HO or N scale locomotive. Although the they give the impression that they only produce to order, there alwasy seem to be a few swanning around after the event.

I see Neil has responded, so I will stop now.

All the best,
Chris

PS Trix US site is http://www.trixtrains.com/. Get in early!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks for the info, you seem to see lots of those Profi Clubs models on ebay.de, was there one with pigs/animals last year?

Did you order that Blue loco in N this year?

thanks

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (simonj @ 20 Nov 2007, 00:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for the info, you seem to see lots of those Profi Clubs models on ebay.de, was there one with pigs/animals last year?

Yes, I have a couple that I bought from Germany. Yes, last year's was cattle and a wagon according to my Q1 New items. Pigs pictured but not mentioned in the text.

QUOTE (simonj @ 20 Nov 2007, 00:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did you order that Blue loco in N this year?

Yes, I have one on order.

All the best,
Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts