Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts

Trix have now announced their Summer new items on their website and there are some good ones. There are CIWL "Orient Express" coaches in HO and N, a DCC catenary repair loco which has raising and lowering pantographs and other mechanical, sound and light DCC features, a Baden IVh in blue livery and a reissue of the popular Dammtor station kit amongst other things. Details below.

22182 Express Locomotive with a Tender.

Prototype: Grand Ducal Baden State Railways class IV h steam locomotive, 4-6-2 wheel arrangement. Built starting in 1918. Use: Premium passenger service.
Model: Era I. The locomotive has controlled, compact design, high-efficiency Softdrive Sine propulsion with a DCC/Selectrix decoder and a sound generator. 3 axles powered. Traction tires. The tender is constructed of metal. There is a close coupling between the locomotive and tender that can be adjusted for the radius of your curved track. A 72270 smoke generator can be installed in the locomotive. The LED double headlights change over with the direction of travel. They and the smoke generator that can be installed in the locomotive will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. The acceleration and braking delay, the locomotive whistle sound, and steam locomotive operating sounds, the sound of the compressor working, the sound of brakes squealing, and a short whistle blast for switching maneuvers, the sound of steam being let off, the sound of coal being shoveled, and the sound of the grate being shaken can be controlled digitally. There is a close coupler with an NEM pocket and a guide mechanism on the tender. Minimum radius for operation 360 mm / 14-3/16". Length over the buffers 267 mm / 10-1/2".

22210 Powered Catenary Maintenance Car.

Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class 701 maintenance vehicle. The unit has a movable work platform and a double arm pantograph. Use for repair and checking of catenary wires.
Model: Era IV. The unit has a digital decoder for DCC, Selectrix, and Trix Systems with automatic system recognition; the decoder can also be used in conventional operation. , The unit has a motor with a bell-shaped armature, centrally mounted. 2 axles powered. 1 traction tire. The headlights and marker lights are maintenance-free LED's, they will work in conventional operation, and can be controlled digitally. The unit has an additional function decoder: Diesel motor sounds, a horn sound, the acceleration and braking delay, the sound of squealing brakes, and work sounds can be controlled digitally. The pantograph and the work platform can be controlled digitally: raising and lowering the platform, turning the platform right and left, raising or lowering the pantograph. These functions can be controlled with a fine touch. The auxiliary functions can only be controlled in the DCC format. The engineer's cab has interior details. The unit has separately applied details: skylight, antenna, horn, work lights, and ladders. Length over the buffers 160 mm / 6-5/16".

This is a pretty special model. It has two decoders due to the amount of DCC features it offers.

22853 Tank Locomotive.

Prototype: Royal Prussian State Railways (K.P.E.V.) class T 12. Use: Passenger trains.
Model: Era I. The locomotive has an NEM 21-pin digital connector. It also has a 5-pole motor with a flywheel. 2 axles powered. 2 traction tires. The locomotive has triple headlights that change over with the direction of travel. It has NEM coupler pockets. The locomotive has many separately applied details. Length over the buffers 127 mm / 5".

This is a budget item which is aimed a the low cost modeller.

23426 CIWL "Orient-Express" Express Train Passenger Car Set.

Prototype: 5 different design privately owned cars painted and lettered for the "Compagnie Internationale des Wagons-Lits / International Sleeping Car Company" (CIWL). 2 each baggage cars in a brown paint scheme, 1 sleeping car in a brown paint scheme, 1 sleeping car in a beige/brown paint scheme, and 1 dining car in a beige/brown paint scheme. The cars look as they did in the spring of 1921.
Model: Era I. The models are finely constructed with many separately applied details. The cars have different color interiors. They also have factory-installed interior lighting in the sleeping cars and dining car. Each car has its own electrical pickups. The cars have different car numbers. Retracted diaphragms with raised walkover plates are included for the end cars. The cars have NEM coupler pockets with close coupler mechanisms. Total length over the buffers 1175 mm / 46-1/4".

How long I have waited for this.

15746 International Express Train Passenger Car.

Prototype: International Sleeping Car Company (CIWL) type WL sleeping car, no. 1968. Heavy 6-axle car with a wood body in teak and deluxe interior fittings. Used for international long distance trains such as the "Orient Express". The car looks as it did around 1914.
Model: The car has a detailed car body with separately applied details. It has a two-color paint scheme and fine lettering. The car has interior lighting. It also has a close coupler mechanism. Train destination signs with European train names are included. Length over the buffers 132 mm / 5-3/16".

15749 International Express Train Passenger Car.

Prototype: International Sleeping Car Company (CIWL) type WR dining car, no. 1701. Heavy 6-axle car with a wood body in teak and deluxe interior fittings. Used for international long distance trains such as the "Orient Express". The car looks as it did around 1914.
Model: The car has a detailed car body with separately applied details. It has a teak wood paint scheme and fine lettering. The car has interior lighting. It also has a close coupler mechanism. Train destination signs with European train names are included. Length over the buffers 132 mm / 5-3/16".

12588 "LINT" Diesel Powered Rail Car Train.

Prototype: Class LINT 41/H powered commuter rail car with high platform entries. Version as a "demonstrator" for the builder Alstom. Era V.
Model: The powered rail car train has an NEM digital connector. It also has a motor with a flywheel. 2 axles powered. Both halves of the powered rail car train are close coupled by means of a Jakobs truck with a guide mechanism. The headlights, marker lights, interior lighting, and train destination sign are LED's. The powered rail car train has multi-part interiors. Length over the buffers 262 mm / 10-5/16".

66115 Basic Kit for the Dammtor Station.

Building kit of a large metropolitan station with four through tracks. This basic kit is shortened by four window areas. The station hall can be extended to the scale length of 1,340 mm / 52-3/4" with the 66117 extension building kit. This is a challenging kit, and the required time to build it is about 60-70 hours. This kit has multi-language building instructions. This station can be used for any era. Area dimensions approximately 590 x 960 mm / 23" x 38". The rails for the tracks sit 70 mm / 2-3/4" above a layout's baseboard. Total height of the station is about 290 mm / 12". The station train shed has skylights to let in light and it spans four elevated tracks. The waiting area with the ticket counter and businesses is on the ground floor. The height of the subbed for the track is the same as the Faller* metropolitan railroad viaducts, item nos. 120486 and 120569, and the metropolitan railroad bridges, item nos. 120551 and 120487. The width of the station platforms is 92 mm / 3-5/8" and can be extended to outside of the train shed with the Faller* train platforms, item nos. 120181 and 120185.

Full catalogue available here, in German.

http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/produkte/pdfs...mmerNH-2008.pdf

I just wish they wouldn't do this in the middle of the year. There are a couple of items in there that I have to have and havent budgeted for. I may have to get a second job!

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Thanks for the information Neil.

I have an earlier set of the Trix CIWL & they are really nice coaches, the result of several eBay snipes & not a lot paid for them, although they do need a little attention & as a couple are Marklin ones some 2-rail wheels. They are heavy, & unless they have changed the axels to pinpoint they take a lot of pulling !

·
Registered
296 Posts
I so want that station!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Cool, thanks a bunch for that!

500 EUR though... that's quite a hefty price if one is looking for an extended version of the model!

Quite interested in seeing what you get for that amount of money!

·
is asleep
758 Posts
Thanks for post it all Neil. There are some nice items there, I really like the range of things you can do with the catenary maintenance vehicle! Needing two decoders is impressive...

Also a Trix summer new item is in N scale:

Minitrix 12259
A K.Bay.Sts.B. S3/6 locomotive with DCC Sound!

I think this is the first S3/6 with dedicated sound from Minitrix - the perfect locomotive for the Epoch I CIWL coaches. It has all the features you would expect - blackened wheel rims, flywheel equipt motor in boiler, close-coupling between locomotive and tender etc.

Depending on how people review the DCC sound I think I might go for one...

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 4 Jun 2008, 04:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>22210 Powered Catenary Maintenance Car.

I rather like this - but then I always have liked the weird, wonderful and unusual! (ask Brian)

QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 4 Jun 2008, 12:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A friend of mine is building one - I'll try & get some photo's.

Yes I've seen it - assuming it's the O&D MRS one. We should be seeing it on the 21st and 22nd of this month

QUOTE (Kimbo @ 4 Jun 2008, 12:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Quite interested in seeing what you get for that amount of money!

The simple answer to that is quite a lot - it really is quite impressive, but then again all the Trix kits are.

Thanks for posting the detais Neil - it's much appreciated.

Regards

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 4 Jun 2008, 20:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am having strange visions of those coaches!!

Any idea of a price?

Peter
The set of five is 349 euro and the set of two is 139 euro inclusive of vat from Modelbahn Kramm. They have interior lighting prefitted and are accurate 1/87 scale models. I really have to get these. I don't know where I am going to get the dosh from but I still have six months to figure it out as the are due around Christmas. This is a one time series and will probably sell out immediately so its an advance order job for those who are interested.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Its good to see the station reintroduced. I bought it when it first came out, complete with the extension set. One of these days I'll get round to building it!

The elevated train level and the stonework is great, however the plain grey solid roof is a bit uninteresting, completely hiding the interior details. I've had some etches made of an ornate arched roof modelled on rotterdam station which I'm planning to use instead of the Trix roof.

Like the steelworks kits, these are not the easiest kits to build and certainly with the blast furnace kits, I used a fair bit of Millipore to hide poor parts fit.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (custodian @ 25 Jul 2008, 09:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its good to see the station reintroduced. I bought it when it first came out, complete with the extension set. One of these days I'll get round to building it!

The elevated train level and the stonework is great, however the plain grey solid roof is a bit uninteresting, completely hiding the interior details. I've had some etches made of an ornate arched roof modelled on rotterdam station which I'm planning to use instead of the Trix roof.

Like the steelworks kits, these are not the easiest kits to build and certainly with the blast furnace kits, I used a fair bit of Millipore to hide poor parts fit.
I thought about getting the station as I really like it but decided because of its size that it would be the main focus of my layout and I wanted to include other things. Maybe a future layout though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (goedel @ 4 Jun 2008, 08:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for post it all Neil. There are some nice items there, I really like the range of things you can do with the catenary maintenance vehicle! Needing two decoders is impressive...

Also a Trix summer new item is in N scale:

Minitrix 12259
A K.Bay.Sts.B. S3/6 locomotive with DCC Sound!

I think this is the first S3/6 with dedicated sound from Minitrix - the perfect locomotive for the Epoch I CIWL coaches. It has all the features you would expect - blackened wheel rims, flywheel equipt motor in boiler, close-coupling between locomotive and tender etc.

Depending on how people review the DCC sound I think I might go for one...

I ordered this S3/6 DCC with sound N scale. This is my fourth miniTrix product with sound( DCC minitrix N scale) and I'm looking forward of this prouduct delivering late NOv 2008. MiniTrix trains with sound has a very good sound effect and the best detailing for N scale model trains, and expensive . However, you have to pick and choose for the minitrix products...!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
[quote name='blackpuff' post='64912' date='22 Oct 2008, 22:12']I ordered this S3/6 DCC with sound N scale. This is my fourth miniTrix product with sound( DCC minitrix N scale) and I'm looking forward of this prouduct delivering late NOv 2008. MiniTrix trains with sound/DCC has a very good sound effect and the best detailing for N scale model trains, and expensive . However, you have to pick and choose for the minitrix products...!!

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE I ordered this S3/6 DCC with sound N scale. This is my fourth miniTrix product with sound( DCC minitrix N scale) and I'm looking forward of this prouduct delivering late NOv 2008. MiniTrix trains with sound/DCC has a very good sound effect and the best detailing for N scale model trains, and expensive . However, you have to pick and choose for the minitrix products...!!

Yes, same with the HO stuff. I have found their sound decoders to be quite good. The recent ones that is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts