Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
OK, I have a double tunnel and the card for the inner part and I have made a ply section similiar to the opening to go on the other end of the card, what is the best glue to use to glue the card to the plastic tunnel mouth and the ply etc what do most modellers use for this? having never done this before.

Regards

Anthony

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (Anthony James @ 22 Oct 2008, 10:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>OK, I have a double tunnel and the card for the inner part and I have made a ply section similiar to the opening to go on the other end of the card, what is the best glue to use to glue the card to the plastic tunnel mouth and the ply etc what do most modellers use for this? having never done this before.

Regards

Anthony

***Card to ply use a good quality PVA type glue.
Card or ply to plastic use a contact type glue - apply to both surfaces, wait about 5 minutes for it to go tacky then being together. Don't use much on the plastic part as it can soften it - just an even smear.

Alternately for card to plastic a 5 minute epoxy will work - best to do an application to the card first and let dry as this first coat will soak in, then apply to both and hold firmly until set.

Richard

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the info, sounds great.

Regards

Anthony

QUOTE (Richard Johnson @ 22 Oct 2008, 04:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>***Card to ply use a good quality PVA type glue.
Card or ply to plastic use a contact type glue - apply to both surfaces, wait about 5 minutes for it to go tacky then being together. Don't use much on the plastic part as it can soften it - just an even smear.

Alternately for card to plastic a 5 minute epoxy will work - best to do an application to the card first and let dry as this first coat will soak in, then apply to both and hold firmly until set.

Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts