Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for any kind of turnout accessory, purely cosmetic.

Like levers used to change points, small lamps showing the direction of the point etc.

Any idea's where I can obtain them.

Cheers

Baykal

·
Registered
36 Posts
Try mainlytrains.com, they have a very large extensive range of detail items for OO gauge UK model railways.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Weinert make point lanterns in lost wax brass or if you have lots of pennies try the lit up version.
I use the unlit on my layout and can recommend them
,they come pre-painted in matt black.
All you need to do is paint the lantern white and then bend the thin brass cover(you get two with arrows pointing right or left) around this and fix in place.Then assemble as per instructions.
I have a supplier in the UK ,but there must be internet retailers who can as well.
Hope this helps,

David

Oh! nearly forgot they do the mechanical point rodding checker plate covers in white metal to go with the lanterns

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks David,

Actually thats what I am after.

Co-ordinates please of the seller would be highly appreciated.

Baykal

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Baykal,

As used on the layout
,also they do the lanterns for slip points as seen to the front of the V11.5.
The instructions also give details of how to make them operable using a very thin wire which is suppled in the kit

All the best,

David

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
David,

Thanks for all the info.

I have checked Wienerts web site, found the pictures of the lanterns and levers but being all in German got confused a bit with the product numbers.

Seems like mshtpf don't have it in stock at the moment too but says can order them.

Found the below from : http://www.lokpavillon.de/ and ordered 4 pieces.

Seen yr lanterns on yr site a bit fuzzy but looks ok. I take it its the cosmetic one not the one with the lights.

Anyway I'll keep on trying. By the way, the mechanical point rodding checker plate covers in white metal , that you mention couldn't find them.

Cheers
Baykal

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Baykal,

Consulted Weinert cat ( get one if you can,worth every penny of the cost) and found the items I have.
Here goes

7212 Weichenantriebsattrappen 4x links,4 x rechts,These are the white metal plates,point mechanism cover,you get 4 right hand and 4 left hand in the packet.
7220 Weichenlaternen Bausatz,unbeleuchtet,This is the point lantern kit unlit.1 in kit.
7229 DKW-Laterne unbeleuchtet,Slip point lantern unlit,1 in kit.

Those signal and point tensions you ordered look the business, which reminds me that I also need them.

Hope this is what you want

If I can help just ask

All the best,

David

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
David,

You are a gem.

Thanks a lot.

Baykal

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi guys,

Weinert accessories finally arrived. Just the things I wanted. Lanterns, levers, point mechanism covers, point tensions the whole lot.

But its all in German.
Trying to figure out whats what using Babel fish translator.

Lovely pieces,just like the prototypes however looks like it will take some time putting them together and painting them.

Now am desperately in need of the following : MIBA report- 11 "Mechainsche Stellwerke, vorbild und Modell" which translates into: Mechanical signal towers and models!? written by a gentelman named Stefan Carstens which precisely in this report deals with the; how to's .. with these accessories.

Any help in finding this report will be highly appreciated.

Cheers
Baykal

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Baykal,

Just think of the added atmosphere you'll have when these are in place.

Wonderful when it all comes together

All the best,

David

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now that all my Weinert turnout accessories has arrived (tensioners, lanterns..etc) I found the below site to be very useful in guidance of how to's....

Its in german, however the diagrams speaks for itself. Infact once you start cruising inside the site you will see how packed it is with almost everything.

http://www.themt.de/org-0520-49.htm

Once I start assembling the accessories will share the pictures.

Baykal

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Finally assembeled the Weinert point accessories.

I've weathered the mid tensioner. The point lantern on the far right was the hardest of all to assemble.Too microscopic.It has also a kind of mechanism that you mount below the baseboard and coupled with a spring to the turnout so that once you switch the point it also switches the lantern.

Think once all these are mounted on the layout will satisfy my needs.

Cheers
Baykal

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
QUOTE (ebaykal @ 29 Jun 2007, 21:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Finally assembeled the Weinert point accessories.

I've weathered the mid tensioner. The point lantern on the far right was the hardest of all to assemble.Too microscopic.It has also a kind of mechanism that you mount below the baseboard and coupled with a spring to the turnout so that once you switch the point it also switches the lantern.

Cheers
Baykal

Baykal,

Very,very nice
I got a larger magnifying glass for my hands free tool(one with a light in the handle which eluminates the item you are working on)which makes life much easier,when you are assembling the lanterns.
Have you soldered or glued them together
whatever you used,looks very professional

Enjoy,

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
QUOTE (ebaykal @ 29 Jun 2007, 21:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Finally assembeled the Weinert point accessories.

Cheers
Baykal

Baykal,

Very,very nice
I got a larger magnifying glass for my hands free tool(one with a light in the handle which eluminates the item you are working on)which makes life much easier,when you are assembling the lanterns.
Have you soldered or glued them together
whatever you used,looks very professional

Enjoy,

All the best,

David

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi David,

Soldering these tiny bits together needs some skill of which I do not have. Don't let the Faller glue in the picture fool you its simply useless with brass. I used these extra strong glue (Pattex) which does the job quite well.

I do have a lit magnifyer, handsfree, mounted on my workbench.Without it, it would be impossible to assemble these.

I'm glad you liked them and many thanks for pointing me to the right direction, if it weren't for yr guidance none of these could have happened.

Thanks again

Baykal

1 - 18 of 18 Posts