Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Weinert make point lanterns in lost wax brass or if you have lots of pennies try the lit up version.
I use the unlit on my layout and can recommend them
,they come pre-painted in matt black.
All you need to do is paint the lantern white and then bend the thin brass cover(you get two with arrows pointing right or left) around this and fix in place.Then assemble as per instructions.
I have a supplier in the UK ,but there must be internet retailers who can as well.
Hope this helps,

David

Oh! nearly forgot they do the mechanical point rodding checker plate covers in white metal to go with the lanterns

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Baykal,

Consulted Weinert cat ( get one if you can,worth every penny of the cost) and found the items I have.
Here goes

7212 Weichenantriebsattrappen 4x links,4 x rechts,These are the white metal plates,point mechanism cover,you get 4 right hand and 4 left hand in the packet.
7220 Weichenlaternen Bausatz,unbeleuchtet,This is the point lantern kit unlit.1 in kit.
7229 DKW-Laterne unbeleuchtet,Slip point lantern unlit,1 in kit.

Those signal and point tensions you ordered look the business, which reminds me that I also need them.

Hope this is what you want

If I can help just ask

All the best,

David

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
QUOTE (ebaykal @ 29 Jun 2007, 21:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Finally assembeled the Weinert point accessories.

I've weathered the mid tensioner. The point lantern on the far right was the hardest of all to assemble.Too microscopic.It has also a kind of mechanism that you mount below the baseboard and coupled with a spring to the turnout so that once you switch the point it also switches the lantern.

Think once all these are mounted on the layout will satisfy my needs.

Cheers
Baykal

Baykal,

Very,very nice
I got a larger magnifying glass for my hands free tool(one with a light in the handle which eluminates the item you are working on)which makes life much easier,when you are assembling the lanterns.
Have you soldered or glued them together
whatever you used,looks very professional

Enjoy,

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
QUOTE (ebaykal @ 29 Jun 2007, 21:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Finally assembeled the Weinert point accessories.

I've weathered the mid tensioner. The point lantern on the far right was the hardest of all to assemble.Too microscopic.It has also a kind of mechanism that you mount below the baseboard and coupled with a spring to the turnout so that once you switch the point it also switches the lantern.

Think once all these are mounted on the layout will satisfy my needs.

Cheers
Baykal

Baykal,

Very,very nice
I got a larger magnifying glass for my hands free tool(one with a light in the handle which eluminates the item you are working on)which makes life much easier,when you are assembling the lanterns.
Have you soldered or glued them together
whatever you used,looks very professional

Enjoy,

All the best,

David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.