Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
QUOTE The problem there is that this particular turntable is designed to carry a big boy and so a British 00 loco would look a bit lost even though the turntable is HO scale.

I've seen this turntable, it's a quality product, but too large of British layouts. "unless your running a Big Boy".
There is a gap in the British market for a decent turntable, that indexes, that does'nt have ramps , that does'nt look like a train set model. The Peco turntable looks quite nice, self assembly can be a problem for some. For the price it's expencive. I don't want some Heath Robinson Mechano non self indexing gubbins.
I want quality, good looks, and self indexing. I have a Fleishmann German Greenhouse and all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Walthers turntable comes in two sizes 130 ft and 90 ft - 90 ft in 3.5 mm scale is about 78 ft in 4 mm scale - not really too big for a UK loco. The advertising blurb says it fully indexes up to 60 positions. Has anyone tried one?

·
Registered
763 Posts
QUOTE (mow @ 6 Oct 2006, 09:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Heljan have released details of a turntable which can be viewed on a video link on their website.
I'm sure that one on the heljan site looks like the Walthers one Neil showed on page 1.

Could be wrong though.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts