Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
QUOTE The problem there is that this particular turntable is designed to carry a big boy and so a British 00 loco would look a bit lost even though the turntable is HO scale.

I've seen this turntable, it's a quality product, but too large of British layouts. "unless your running a Big Boy".
There is a gap in the British market for a decent turntable, that indexes, that does'nt have ramps , that does'nt look like a train set model. The Peco turntable looks quite nice, self assembly can be a problem for some. For the price it's expencive. I don't want some Heath Robinson Mechano non self indexing gubbins.
I want quality, good looks, and self indexing. I have a Fleishmann German Greenhouse and all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Walthers turntable comes in two sizes 130 ft and 90 ft - 90 ft in 3.5 mm scale is about 78 ft in 4 mm scale - not really too big for a UK loco. The advertising blurb says it fully indexes up to 60 positions. Has anyone tried one?

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Dennis David @ 6 Sep 2006, 02:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My Fleischmann turntable comes with a controller.

Dennis - I think the idea is to use the controller to vary the speed of the motor rather than controlling the action/indexing.

regards
Brian

·
Registered
763 Posts
QUOTE (mow @ 6 Oct 2006, 09:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Heljan have released details of a turntable which can be viewed on a video link on their website.
I'm sure that one on the heljan site looks like the Walthers one Neil showed on page 1.

Could be wrong though.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (spongebob @ 8 Oct 2006, 07:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm sure that one on the heljan site looks like the Walthers one Neil showed on page 1.

Could be wrong though.
At the end of the Hejan clip it says it was developed in conjuction with Walthers and Lenz, so it will be using the Walthers one with some Lenz electronics on board.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts