Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi iam just about to start on an end to end and space is restricted this is why i need some help in trying to find out if there are any uk manufacturers that produce a turntable suitable for my tank locos .I am aware of the fleischmann products but would prefer uk supplier.I am not that gifted to be able to produce one by myself ie(kits/gearing) so the size is important...any help would be appreciated...thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
South Eastern Finecast
Finecast manufacture two turntable wells and bridge kits. The diameters being 12" (76ft) and 101/4" (65ft).The wells are supplied separately from the bridges, for those who wish to build their own bridges/wells. Each well is vacuum-formed from rigid polystyrene, with a ball race being moulded into its base. The surfaces are textured to give a brick and concrete effect, with provision for laying a circular section of rail, for the wheels of the bridge to run on. The bridge has a rigid Tuffnol deck, with vacuum-formed girder sides, which have rivet detail.

TT01 Large Turntable Well 12" Diameter
TT02 Large Turntable Bridge 12" Deck
TT03 Small Turntable Well 10 3/4" Diameter
TT04 Small Turntable Bridge 10 3/4" Deck
TT05 Set of four Ball Race Bearings (To replace bridge with white metal wheels if required)
TT06 ROMFORD 1:40 modified gear set (For operating the bridge by hand crank)
TT07 12" of 3/32" Brass rod (For making hand crank for bridge operation)

Perhaps you could cut down one of the bridge decks?

Regards
Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (PaulG @ 28 Mar 2008, 13:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>South Eastern Finecast
Finecast manufacture two turntable wells and bridge kits. The diameters being 12" (76ft) and 101/4" (65ft).The wells are supplied separately from the bridges, for those who wish to build their own bridges/wells. Each well is vacuum-formed from rigid polystyrene, with a ball race being moulded into its base. The surfaces are textured to give a brick and concrete effect, with provision for laying a circular section of rail, for the wheels of the bridge to run on. The bridge has a rigid Tuffnol deck, with vacuum-formed girder sides, which have rivet detail.

TT01 Large Turntable Well 12" Diameter
TT02 Large Turntable Bridge 12" Deck
TT03 Small Turntable Well 10 3/4" Diameter
TT04 Small Turntable Bridge 10 3/4" Deck
TT05 Set of four Ball Race Bearings (To replace bridge with white metal wheels if required)
TT06 ROMFORD 1:40 modified gear set (For operating the bridge by hand crank)
TT07 12" of 3/32" Brass rod (For making hand crank for bridge operation)

Perhaps you could cut down one of the bridge decks?

Regards
Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Paul..
Many thanks for the info....it will be taken on board......my next querie ,where would i obtain the appropriate kits to build into those parts for electric operations?.....thanks again....Armand

1 - 5 of 5 Posts