Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a Railway Modeller I have at my club dating from about 1986, there was a feature about the release of kits of the Tyne & Wear Metro units from a maker that I can't remember the name of. Are these kits still available or has anybody produced them from scratch since for their own layout?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dave Alexander models does them BUT he suggests Tenshodo motor bogies, the kit is cast whitemetal and too heavy for these, always use the Black Beetle Units if possible, will save you hassle as the Tenshodos will strip the gears sooner of later. See www.dckits-devideos.co.uk for info on Black Beetle motor bogies. Hope this helps. Charlie

·
Registered
763 Posts
Good to hear they are still available : it would be nice to see a few more layouts featuring the Tyne & Wear Metro (And I dislike Tenshodos too)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I already have a Black Beetle that I salvaged from another project that didn't go too well.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I found a VHS secondhand called 'Clocking Up The Kilometres' which has the building of the T&WM (the initial section from 1974-84) and behind-the-scenes. A very interesting watch.

Are there appropriate transfers available as well for the units?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts