Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Hi,

Some of you are familiar with this one from other forums but wanted to share it with ones who might be interested here.

This is a typical steam loco shed of the Turkish state railways (TCDD) of the 1950-1960's.
I scratch built it myself.(except the windows):

Front View

Back view

Interior

Side view

Baykal

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Laser printing on special decal paper.(the ones that when dipped into water separate)
you can make wonders with it on desired scale.

Baykal

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
thanks for that.
Here was mee thinking you had a secret source!! perhaps a woman locked in a basement turning out transfers in exchange for food!

I am going to have a go at something similar for a chinese depot. chinese depots are a fairly standard design and i dont think it will be too difficult.

Peter

·
Registered
303 Posts
Baykal,

That is a really nice engine shed. Have any been kept on for servicing diesel locos?

Did they make any provision for hoods for collecting the smoke from steam locos and venting it out through the roof, or did they assume that it would find its own way out?

By the way, I know that there is a large museum, but are there any steam locos still in working order in Turkey?

Colombo

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Colombo,

The smoke was generally meant to vent out from the above windows plus the chimneys, but eventually it found its way out thru the doors.

I believe two of them is kept and servicing diesels and a bit renovated.

Unfortunately the sadest thing is that there is only 1 steam loco in working condition today and it only comes out during festive national holidays.

Cheers
Baykal

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Excellent work!!

Regards

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts