Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi to all.

In Spain we have 3 models of AVE and different manufacturers make them in H0 and N:

AVE 100 (The first high velocity in Spain. International gauge), AVE 101 Euromed (the same, but only works in the mediterranean corridor Barcelona-Alicante. This corridor have Spanish gauge and have dual traffic: Euromed and conventional):
*Jouef: The first model in the spanish market. I don't know the specifications of the model.
*Mehano: Make them in 2 qualities. The cheap , was sell in supermarkets. without lights, interiors, metallic pantographs and nem conector to fit a decoder. Good motorization. Runs so fine. The expensive one have full details and functional pantographs. The set have 2 locomotives (one dummy) and 2 coaches. also have 2 sets. One with two passenger coaches and other with a passenger coach and a restaurant one. The restaurant windows are from the french TGV, the AVE ones are differents. The motorization in the two versions are the same. More better than Jouef.

AVE 102 (El Pato - The Duck) Talgo 350
*Electrotren: Is the only one manufacturer who have permission from Patentes Talgo to make this model. Make it in the new livery (Renfe Operadora) and the old one (original white and blue of AVE trains). The old livery is in the actual catalog. At the moment, the new one is sold in weekly collectable from altaya into the "The Talgo Collection". Good finished in the two versions. At the moment, the extra coaches are only for the old livery.
*Kato: The duck in N gauge. Good finished. Kato sell the complete train in the set. No extra coaches.

AVE 103 Velaro (ICE 3). The Spanish and german versions have a little differences, but the models are the ICE 3 with Renfe Operadora livery.
*Märklin/Trix: To me, a little jewel but too expensive. Only digital versions with sound (i don't know if the name of the stations are spanish or german ones)
*Piko: Two versions (analogue and digital start set with IR DCC controlrer) godd finished and a good price. Hard to find at the moment.

Regards from Spain,
Oscar

·
Registered
44 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 29 Aug 2007, 13:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i thought they only had 2 and one of them was out of service because it cought fire. but i may be wrong.

At the moment, we have 16 Talgo 350 EMU (Duck for the friends
) in the Mdrid-Barcelona line, and 7 more on reserve.

Pedromorgan, you are not totally wrong. I think you talk about the Talgo 354 diesel locomotive.

Talgo 304 diesel locomotive

Regards from Spain,
Oscar

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.