Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
I have just spotted an advert on the BBC for a new childrens TV series called Underground Ernie.

It is a brand new CGI based series that is considered to be a rival to Thomas the Tank Engine by those in the know.

The Underground Ernie stories are based on the adventures of Ernie and his friends who work at International Underground and like to make sure their passengers get to their destinations safely and on time.

With 26 exciting episodes to enjoy, Ernie and his friends get into all sorts of adventures! Join the Underground Ernie fun on BBC CBeebies.

It is good news that there is a brand new character to introduce the world of railways to youngsters.

Here is a link to the official website for those who require more information:-

www.undergroundernie.com

I do have to say that the International Underground control room bears a remarkable resemblance to Dennis David's den!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
It was covered by Model Rail Forum as you say. For some weeks I was away in an internet free zone at around that time and missed the story.

Model Rail Forum Underground Ernie News Story

I suspect that this licence is the reason that Bachmann have announced that they are to produce a model of a southern EMU and that Hornby have cancelled the production of theirs!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
213 Posts
But what exactly has a 4CEP unit got to do with 'Underground Ernie'??

I don't follow your reasoning here,-they're aiming at 2 completely different markets with these 2 models....

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Could not the running gear/body be used as a basis for an "Underground Ernie" product?

Not entirely sure what else Bachmann have in their stable.

Hornby have the old Triang DMU stuff entirely suitable for the kids.

Maybe Bachmann could do a deal with Hornby on this?

Happy modelling
Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts