1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Watching this space with bated breath!

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Id suggest ballasting the track would be a good start on the small layout. As for the supporting beams in your loft, You could build the base board below this then hide them in a Hill, running the track beneath them through tunnels. This would also give you a handy scenic break.
Just a thought!
I do have em now n then!
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
I find thinking out loud helps a great deal!
Perhaps you could draw a rough plan of the loft space to give us an idea of the possibilitys and Ill think aloud too!
Regards
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Any chance of seeing where the access hatch is. I guess you'll be wanting a run around layout?
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
To use track pins or not to use track pins?
I personally dont like track pins. What I will be doing when my baseboards have been built is using the method our club layout uses. The track is pinned in place with dress makers pins (those that have the nice big plastic balls on the end) then ballasted. Once the ballast is dry the dressmakers pins are removed. A prototypical approach as real track is held in place by its ballast, and in areas where the track has been prone to slippage, they "glue" the ballast to hold the track, a bit like fact following fiction!
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Theres a good write up in febuarys edition of hornby magazine "shaking the box" can be seen here
Click here!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.