Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am a new member and basically I would like some advise on how to get some of the interesting people sets to enhance my layout. Most of the shops carry the standard ones but for the realistic touch it would be good to add some of the ones featured in the Hornby Magazine issue 21 - March 2009. The problem is that the articles featuring them do not give indication as to where to source them. I also feature a circus in my layout but have not as yet had any luck finding circus related people. Can anybody help me please. Regards, seabird

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Check out the Noch & Prieser ranges - more "interesting figures" than you could wave a stick at.

Any problems obtaining local supplies then send me a PM.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I can only agree with Brian's comments, but would add that in many of the threads here you will see examples of the figures mentioned.

Regards

·
Dogsbody
1,387 Posts
One of the nice things about seeing pictures of other layouts is seeing how others have used the same models that you have. Some of the people are very widly travelled and appear on loads of layouts. Diversity is great but lets keep some of the common people as well please. By the way, does anybody make a regular practice of weathering people before sticking them down ? It seems to me that no matter how dirty the locomotives and stock are, people remain clean and tidy !

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you are working in 4mm (OO gauge) have a look at the Langley Models website - they have a range of white metal "kits" for a range of circus performers - clowns, elephants, horse riders and even knife throwers. They have also got a huge range of Fairground items - rides, lorries, generators etc. thatmight go with a circus. The Noch and Prieser range are HO and can look under-nourished on a 4mm layout.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Nick Holliday @ 20 Feb 2009, 10:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you are working in 4mm (OO gauge) have a look at the Langley Models website - they have a range of white metal "kits" for a range of circus performers - clowns, elephants, horse riders and even knife throwers. They have also got a huge range of Fairground items - rides, lorries, generators etc. thatmight go with a circus. The Noch and Prieser range are HO and can look under-nourished on a 4mm layout.
Only if placed next to OO ones (which are often a little too big anyway) - don't forget that unless you are P4/EM they are correct to the track.

People come in many sizes anyway - we reckon that some 80% of the HO figures we sell are sold to OO modellers anyway.

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE don't forget that unless you are P4/EM they are correct to the track.
I imagine that that is important if you are creating dioramas of "The Perils of Pauline" but for other purposes does it matter?

David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts