Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to fit new all wheel pick-up bogies (trucks) to my Lima Fife & Forfar Yeomanry diesel. The bogies are from Aliexpress, so not much information.
Here's a photo of the bogie

Redirect Notice

I am trying to work out how to have the bogie swivel without fouling the coupling and still holding the bogie in the chassis. I am hoping someone out there may have used these bogies before and have a solution, or some modeller with more skill than I have may have a suggestion.
Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
John,

First things first: does that bogie have the correct wheelbase and correct wheel size for a Deltic ? If not, then you've got the wrong bogie.
If they are correct, then you will need to replace the side 'facias' because those in the picture are completely wrong for a Deltic.

Why is it rated at 9V ? It should be 12V, not that it would make any difference if you ran it on 12V.

DPS bogies:

Be aware that the bogies on Lima (now Hornby) Deltics were under-scale.

Another option might be to just buy a current Hornby version as this has a new motor bogie with a decent motor - I've used these in Lima DMU's and HST's:

Fitting DCC Sound to a Lima Class 117 DMU - Model Railways On-Line

Fitting DCC Sound to a Lima HST - Model Railways On-Line

All of the ex-Lima models produced by Hornby now have this style of mechanism.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.