Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I had 32 years with London Transport Executive/London Regional Transport/London Underground Ltd/Metronet Rail in Civil Engineering, Permanent Way, Railway Depot Health, Safety and Quality Assurance. My happiest times with the firm was 12 years at Upminster Depot at the east end of the District Line where I was the Depot Safety, Quality & Environmental Systems Co-ordinator.

This photo was taken in 1993 from the top of one of the depots two 150 feet high lighting towers, shortly after asbestos panel removal and we got a new roof.

Yes, I did almost s**t myself whilst taking that photo!!!

Cheers,

Dave.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Thanks Peter (pedromorgan) and Dave (BRITHO) for your compliments. As for Mr Jennings, I wish he climbed that tower with me - he would say more than "very nice"!!!!

Looks like I might have to show some more photos of Upminster Depot!!!

Cheers,

Dave.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More of Upminster Depot:

Examination Shed.

Lifting Shop.

Stabling Yard with double-length sidings.

Dave.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi all,

It's me again with even more of LUL Upminster Depot:

Examination Shed from the buffer line with trains ready to depart for the pm rush hour service.

General view of the Examination Shed (left), Lifting Shop (centre) and part of the yard with one of the 150 feet high lighting towers (right).

D78 train undergoing its 14-day examination (train equivalent of an MoT)!

Now, what would you like to see on my next posting, Southend Pier Railway, or Singapore Mass Rapid Transit or Freightliners Ipswich Fuelling Point or a few pics from my Alaskan cruise in 2004?

Over to you guys to decide (no fighting, no tantrums and no 'handbags at dawn' please)!!!!!

Cheers,

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts