Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Can anyone let me know if I can use Bachmann decoders with my Hornby DCC unit? I'm interested in getting the new Bachmann 4MT with DCC on board, and hope it would work with the Hornby Select. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (HNGresley @ 4 Nov 2008, 21:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi. Can anyone let me know if I can use Bachmann decoders with my Hornby DCC unit? I'm interested in getting the new Bachmann 4MT with DCC on board, and hope it would work with the Hornby Select. Thanks.
Hello, HN,
I am running a bachmann sound 37 on my hornby elite with no problems at all, and also hornby R8249 chip in a bachmann 9F with no probs.

Go for it and enjoy,

Hoppy.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
No personal experience but a lot of problems have been reported on various forums with the Select being incompatible with non-Hornby decoders. The Elite seems to be much better in this respect so even though Hoppy is happy you may not be!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi
When I had a Select the Bachmann Decoders worked ok with the Select. I now have a NCE Pro all
Decorders work well with this unit.
Tony

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (Trainbuffy @ 5 Nov 2008, 09:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi
When I had a Select the Bachmann Decoders worked ok with the Select. I now have a NCE Pro all
Decorders work well with this unit.
Tony

***You should have no problems with the Bachmann decoder with Select

Richard

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi All
I run Bachmann Std4 2-6-0 & Std4 2-6-4t both factory fitted with decoders, also have Bachmann Baldwin 2-8-0 & GS4 4-8-4, factory decoder fitted, so both UK & US Bachmann loco's work perfectly well on Elite. In fact all decoders I've come across work normally with Elite so no need to be fussy about decoders.

Cheers
Paul M (nz)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts