Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Vectis are world leaders in toy auctions. The next Vectis sale of model train bits and bobs will feature live internet bidding. Pre-registration is required and there is a buyers premium on all lots of 15% plus VAT. For those unable to attend the auction room on the day then this permits participation in the live auction from your own living room! The full catalogue of lots for sale is available below:-

http://www.vectis.co.uk/auctions.php?auction_id=211

Having attended these auctions myself one observation I would make is that nearly new Hornby locomotives can go for higher prices (taking into account buyers premium) than may be found at many on-line retailers! This is something that causes much eye rolling
and huffing and puffing
amongst those with whom I sit.

Crazy but that is auction fever for you!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 16 Oct 2005, 13:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Vectis are world leaders in toy auctions. The next Vectis sale of model train bits and bobs will feature live internet bidding. Pre-registration is required and there is a buyers premium on all lots of 15% plus VAT. For those unable to attend the auction room on the day then this permits participation in the live auction from your own living room! The full catalogue of lots for sale is available below:-

http://www.vectis.co.uk/auctions.php?auction_id=211

Having attended these auctions myself one observation I would make is that nearly new Hornby locomotives can go for higher prices (taking into account buyers premium) than may be found at many on-line retailers! This is something that causes much eye rolling
and huffing and puffing
amongst those with whom I sit.

Crazy but that is auction fever for you!

Happy modelling
Gary

Hi Gary,

Tried Vectis a few times & gave up with the silly prices paid - in many cases more than retail when you take into account greedy premium required.

Mind you, eBay can be as bad though - I've seen LGB starter sets which most retailers sell for well under £200 go for £250.00.

best regards
Brian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts