Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get hold of the vehicles that Network Rail use for maintaining track work. These would sit alongside the track and be used for those convenient (!) times when maintenance is carried out?

Thanks,

Dave

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (lunny68 @ 11 Apr 2007, 15:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am looking to get hold of the vehicles that Network Rail use for maintaining track work. These would sit alongside the track and be used for those convenient (!) times when maintenance is carried out?

Thanks,

Dave

If you are running present (or recent) day then if you are OO & could put up with HO vehicles the likes of Gaugemaster, Herpa, Wiking & so on do an excellent range of Transits, Sprinters (the MB kind), Kangos & some useful 7.5 tonners. You will have to do a bit of painting & add some logo's though.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (lunny68 @ 11 Apr 2007, 15:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am looking to get hold of the vehicles that Network Rail use for maintaining track work. These would sit alongside the track and be used for those convenient (!) times when maintenance is carried out?

Thanks,

Dave

You haven't mentioned the exact period you are modelling, but I guess from Network Rail you are talking currently. Exactly which vehicles are you talking about? As well as Network Rail you also have Balfour Beatty and a plethora of sub-contractors. I would however agree with what dbclass50 has said earlier.

Regards

John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dbclass50,

thanks for your reply, I will have a look at what is on offer. I think I can live with HO, even though I am modelling in OO!

Dave

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you mean road vehicles, you could also try "Signs of the Times," although the business has just recently changed hands. They did a Network Rail Ford Transit in 1/76, if I recall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts