Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone after encouragement from John (RJR) i have made a short video entitled "2 x 37s" i hope you all like it i have never done anythng like this before and it took me all evening!!. Please let me know what you think.

Kind regards

Paul

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Great video but personally I prefer to hear the train noises rathe than music. It's always good to see what other people are up to in their modelling.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks good! Loved the engines and the song! May I suggest that you place the camera on the layout, and let the train rush by the camera? It won't shake as much as hand-held shots and it'll look a little better too...

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
QUOTE (madon37s @ 8 Nov 2008, 23:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi everyone after encouragement from John (RJR) i have made a short video entitled "2 x 37s" i hope you all like it i have never done anythng like this before and it took me all evening!!. Please let me know what you think.

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

Great video
nice for a change to have music 'heavy train' .........'heavy music' good partnership, i did enjoy following the train and the move toward the back once stationary, also watching the homebound train going into the tunnel, keep up the good work hope to see more videos

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
I enjoyed it - quite liked the music too & I thought it worked well (I don't normally like music on railway video's).

Thanks for posting the link.

About time I had a go with the video camera.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Watched the video again
the wording of the song as the railtour pulls away is spot on 'give it all you got'
nice timing Paul, the loco also reminds me of my 37419 with lighting sat here in my cabinet all weathered up and chipped with nowhere to go as its OO
i couldnt resist it though

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thankyou all for the kind comments i never knew i would be able to do anything like that. Always thought you had to have special programs for that kind of thing! My thanks must go to John of RJR fame for letting me know what program he used. His videos are great and were a big inspiration to me.

camborner. will try doing what you suggest next time.

upnick. will definitely be doing some more video so keep a look out.

Brian. thanks for kind comments and next time i shall have some lovely LMS engines on the vid!. You should have a go believe me if i can do it then anyone can!!!.

Kind regards to all

Paul

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (upnick @ 9 Nov 2008, 10:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Watched the video again
the wording of the song as the railtour pulls away is spot on 'give it all you got'
nice timing Paul, the loco also reminds me of my 37419 with lighting sat here in my cabinet all weathered up and chipped with nowhere to go as its OO
i couldnt resist it though

Hi Upnick
You are too kind really i have to admit that the timing was just a lucky coincidence i'm afraid but thankyou for your kind words. I am glad you liked it and please be assured i will be doing some more soon
(Damn that John
for helping me
Only joking mate i love doing them).

I am off to the shed now to see what else i can video ( i think i've just seen a steam engine doing some shunting in my shed i better go and investigate!!)

Kind regards
Paul

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (Expat @ 10 Nov 2008, 12:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Paul.

For a first effort that's not half bad. Keep up the good work.

Many thanks to you Expat and don't worry i shall be having another go very soon.

Kind regards

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts