Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Lost in the shuffle
of ESU's ECoS unit is the Commander by Viessmann and their GBS
system. I was very impressed by what I saw at the Nurnberg Toy Fair.
Especially its ability to show a track plan as well as the GBS
system as a stand alone product and an alternative to using a PC.

(Click on the images to zoom)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have had as close a look as I can at this controller on the Viessmann website. ( It is under flyers ) Without seeing the actual item I am not so sure that the schematic track plan will be of any practical use for other than a very small layout. I get the distinct impression that there is a very limited number of tracks and sidings that can be accomadated on the LCD screen.

I am looking forward to seeing one in the flesh though as I will be shortly in the market for a new DCC controler to replace my current Lenz starter set which is begining to show its age as well as its limitations.

Another thing that I am looking forward to seeing are the new point motors that Viessmann are advertising. ( Also under flyers) From my limited German they definitely seem to be a leap forward in tecnology compared with Tortoise etc. and as for the Peco and Hornby offerings, they are Stone age in comparison.

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
There was a "sub thread" on Viessmann's new DCC command station in the ECoS thread. I've started this one in an attempt to untangle them (Maybe one of the mods would have time to transfer the posts in question).

Lokshop have posted the Viessmann 2007/2008 catalogue which contains a lot more detail on this new command station. Find the "english" PDF for the catalogue. Using the thumbnail options, go to page 13. The thumbnail for 116.jpg looks to be the start of detailed coverage on this really plush looking command station and schematic accessory.

David

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
The price for the Viessmann commander can now be found on their website - 649 Euro. That's the full retail. lokshop don't have it listed yet. If you trawl around the german language version of Viessmann's site you will find a 3 minute video extolling the virtues of the system, in german of course.

You can buy a lot of "Selects" for that money

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 3 Jan 2007, 07:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The price for the Viessmann commander can now be found on their website - 649 Euro. That's the full retail. lokshop don't have it listed yet. If you trawl around the german language version of Viessmann's site you will find a 3 minute video extolling the virtues of the system, in german of course.

You can buy a lot of "Selects" for that money

David
It's certainly worth thinking about at that price. It's the only system that will give the Ecos a run for it's money.

and

1 - 8 of 8 Posts