Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
***But.... doesn't your first post say you removed the numbers and plates from a non runner thunderbird? If so, surely you have the dimensional information right there.....

and if not... Sometimes we have to help ourselves with readily available information: Its all there for you to find.

Having the nameplate images above provided on a plate, could you not now just scale them according to a readily available online illustration like the Virgin 57's which are shown in good resolution on lower part of the class 57's wikipedia page (click on the images)...

They clearly show the loco side and nameplate position. You have a model to scale against. So... a few minutes with ruler and calculator should do it, and referring to the image of the loco will tell you if you are wrong or right size and position wise when you print it and hold against your model?

regards

Richard

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
***100GSM paper will be plenty thick enough in N scale. Print then aerosol the whole sheet of them with several light coats of clear coat before cutting out with a new scalpel blade or scissors.

Richard

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (harkins77 @ 20 Dec 2008, 04:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for that Richard. I've been looking around and it seems a little steep price for the paper though. Is it just because of the quality of it that makes it so expensive?

*** Yes, its often better quality than bog standard paper.

I tend to think a little like Nick: I actually use 100gsm coated paper for my invoices - at $17 per ream vs $8 per real for standard copy paper it looks dear but the per sheet price is nothing really and it makes for a better image for DCCconcepts.... plus my printers last longer as its less dusty due to its better surface coating quality

The comment about the cigarette prices struck home well Nick - and its spot on - I know it well as I am a smoker

Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.