Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts

ViTrains have announced that they are producing 4 Limited Edition ViTrains Class 37's in BR Large Logo Blue with the Scottie Dog logo. These will be available September / October and with a production run limited to just 250 for each model.

The models in this limited run are:-

Class 37 403 'Isle of Mull'
Class 37 406 'Saltire Society'
Class 37 412 'Loch Lomond'
Class 37 413 'Loch Eil Outward Bound'

They all carry the distinctive West Highland Terrier emblem of Glasgow Eastfield depot.

Rails of Sheffield have been allocated 50% of the production run and they are on offer at £59.99 each.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yes my mate's ordered one and I'm weakening...........

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't the West Highland Terrier the pet dog that the Chelsea manager has lost thanks to a police bungle?

And whilst we are on the subject of dogs who can think of trains that were named after dogs?

An example off the top of my head is the Drummond Bulldog.

A question for those who wish to gain egghead status.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bachmann will be offering Scottie Terrier Class37/4 with the large logo "Aluminium 100" in their new rebodied range of Class 37 locos so for the first time in many years a direct comparison between 2 new models released in the same year will be able to be made in OO. I am not sure when this was last possible.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
OK, how about:

Terriers (also known as "Pups")
GWR Bulldog
LSWR Greyhounds (T9)
L&Y and Caley Pugs

·
Registered
267 Posts
Think we just need VI Trains to do the Royal Scotmsan liveried ones and that would basically be most liveries on the 37/4s done.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Not quite what you mean by trains named after dogs but one particular loco springs to mind.
47711 Greyfriars Bobby.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greyfriars_Bobby
Anyway Mourinho's mutt is a Yorkie named Gullit after a certain former Chelsea manager.
As far as I'm aware the other 50% of the vitrains loco's are allocated to Geoffrey Allisons. Plus there has been a direct review head to head of the vitrains and Bachmann 37's in this months model rail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts