Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Virgin have lost the cross country route franchise from Aberdeen to Penzance and so Bachmann and Dapol (and Hornby?) will have some new partners to negotiate liveries with. The joys of modelling recent period D & E. One minute your layout is bang up to date and the next minute it is history and you have to replace your entire model fleet!:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6286904.stm

The new livery may look something like this courtesy of Wikipedia:-

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
QUOTE So who in Virgin will be forced to lay down their lives for the sake of Sir Richard's image?

They will all end up working for Bachmann and Hornby or set up model railway shops!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 10 Jul 2007, 08:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The new livery may look something like this courtesy of Wikipedia:-

Looks hideous! Turquoise and white will soon look sickly with all the dirt and grime trains pick up with diesels lurking everywhere.
The livery Bilbo posted a link to looks much healthier:

(Sorry I hate having to follow links!)

Goedel

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE One minute your layout is bang up to date and the next minute it is history and you have to replace your entire model fleet!:-

That's an occupational hazard of modelling modern image.

I do like the new livery, the bottom one that is.

·
garage hobbit&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,715 Posts
Sorry all but its time again for another thickie question, what does D & E stand for, I am a steam fan and am a little baffled!

Brian

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Bilbo @ 11 Jul 2007, 12:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is it diesel & electric or
dunces & eejuts

Now that could upset a few people!!

Regards

John

·
Registered
436 Posts
QUOTE (bro sewell @ 11 Jul 2007, 20:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry all but its time again for another thickie question, what does D & E stand for, I am a steam fan and am a little baffled!

Brian

It stands for discredit and expose!

Joking everybody!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts