Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Smashing stuff, takes me back to my first days working for BR(S) in the S&T. I was based at Blackfriars/Holborn Viaduct and whilst it was all Blue EPB's and a 33 on a coal train to Walworth Road once a week this really captures this part of London. May I ask is the terminus on the 6'6" side of the room, I ask as I have a slightly similar space which I am trying to determine a usable 'urban style' track plan for, my space is 7'11" x 4'3" with a probable maximum width of up to 20" on the long side.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Smashing stuff, takes me back to my first days working for BR(S) in the S&T. I was based at Blackfriars/Holborn Viaduct and whilst it was all Blue EPB's and a 33 on a coal train to Walworth Road once a week this really captures this part of London. May I ask is the terminus on the 6'6" side of the room, I ask as I have a slightly similar space which I am trying to determine a usable 'urban style' track plan for, my space is 7'11" x 4'3" with a probable maximum width of up to 20" on the long side.
Many thanks, understand your thoughts re platform and fiddle yard length. At Holborn Viaduct there were originally 6 platforms, only 3 were electrified and they could only hold 8 cars - just! In the am peak we had one Corridor train, all the rest were EPB's, this was formed 2x2HAP and 1 x 4CEP as 2 x CEPS was too long.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.