Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I'm back again!

Here's some pics of the refurbished 'Walmington Pier Tramway' now freshly scrubbed up for another few years of exhibitions!

The whole length of Walmington Pier - all 3 feet or 261 scale feet of it!

The re-worked shore end with entrance gates, a Scaledale retaining wall and sand from Wimereux Beach (near Boulogne) collected on Christmas Day!!!

Pier Tram No.1 (the only one) propelling its always-empty luggage trolley towards the Pier Head.

Pier tram arriving at the Pier Head.

Pier Head with Punch & Judy, Dancing Bear, Promenaders, and the Pier Diver about to perform another dangerous stunt (with the Grim Reaper watching).

Walmington Pier looking towards the shore end.

Hope you like these.

Dave

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (wiggy25 @ 20 Jan 2008, 20:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dave,

It's amazing how something relatively 'simple'(I don't mean the literally!) can be so atmospheric!

Most people want their layouts to be all singing and dancing with everything on it, this by contrast proves that small can be amazing!
Are all the lights wired up?

Ian

Thanks Ian, this does seem to be my most successful layout ever!

No the lights aren't wired up, they are Veismann lights, but I had so much trouble with the wiring (I am the world's worst electrician), so I'll wait for the Scaledale lighting modules to see if they fit.

Dave

·
Ian Wigglesworth
750 Posts
QUOTE (Piermaster @ 20 Jan 2008, 21:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Ian, this does seem to be my most successful layout ever!

No the lights aren't wired up, they are Veismann lights, but I had so much trouble with the wiring (I am the world's worst electrician), so I'll wait for the Scaledale lighting modules to see if they fit.

Dave

Take a look here, you can already buy something almost the same!
Yes I 've used them on my daughters dolls house they work a treat, it has it's own power supply, on a layout you would be able to use an auxillary output.!

Ian

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Piermaster @ 20 Jan 2008, 21:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>(I am the world's worst electrician)

Sorry Dave I have to disagree - I hold that record (ask dbclass50!)

But seriously it looks good and I think the refurb has improved it. Oh, and I do like the grim reaper.

Regards

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (wiggy25 @ 20 Jan 2008, 21:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Take a look here, you can already buy something almost the same!
Yes I 've used them on my daughters dolls house they work a treat, it has it's own power supply, on a layout you would be able to use an auxillary output.!

Ian

Thanks Ian, the link works OK, but that website doesn't!

QUOTE (britho @ 21 Jan 2008, 13:38)But seriously it looks good and I think the refurb has improved it. Oh, and I do like the grim reaper.

Thanks Britho, Grim Reaper also appears amongst the commuters on 'Route's End 2' and more pics of that layout will be posted later.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Piermaster @ 23 Jan 2008, 13:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Grim Reaper also appears amongst the commuters on 'Route's End 2' and more pics of that layout will be posted later.

I look forward to them.

Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts