Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday i recieved a second GP38-2 from this range in Burlington Northern livery (the first being BNSF) they are superb to say the least and value for money at £35 great very quiete runners at a bargain price
Included are ploughs and rapido couplings as an alternative to the magnetic accumate type fitted.
they feature a heavy, spilt-frame mechanism, five-pole skew wound motor with dual flywheels, directional LED headlights, applied details, all-wheel drive and electrical pickup and AccuMate® knuckle couplers. 2006 performance upgrades include a clip-fit printed circuit board, and RP-25 contour wheels that allow operation on any brand of Code 55 track or heavier (code 70, code 80).
The nearest locos i have found to them are Kato ...................... after conversion to DCC with a TCS M1 it runs even smoother on 128.

All in all a pleasure to run the conversion to DCC is a bit fiddly but plenty of space for the wires becomes available it the original light board is removed, and a a TCS M1 provided for it

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Where do you find them so cheap? I'd love to have some new BN stock. Regarding the DCC conversion. Can't you replace the lighting board with a DCC board from Digitrax?
Have you seen any BN smoothside coaches anywhere? The only ones I've seen are very expensive. :-(

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
QUOTE (poliss @ 7 Sep 2008, 14:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Where do you find them so cheap? I'd love to have some new BN stock. Regarding the DCC conversion. Can't you replace the lighting board with a DCC board from Digitrax?
Have you seen any BN smoothside coaches anywhere? The only ones I've seen are very expensive. :-(

Hi Poliss,

As to the DCC conversion i'm not sure if there is a replacement board available from Digitrax , but a hardwire isnt to taxing in them as plenty of room remains after the board is removed.
Not seen any smoothsided coaches lately at reasonable prices but will keep any eye open for you.

Have PM'd you more information.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts