Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have being looking for months now for Faller Coal Hopper Cars Model No 941. I will post pics when I get my camera back.

I have tried ebay, web searches, German US, Aus sites etc with no luck.

Ok, they are operational HO hopper cars which have a mechanical mechanism which opens and closes the bottom of the hopper car so you can drop your load of coal.
I also have an operational coal mine with conveyor's which loads the cars and transfers the load to my power station/boiler room for unloading. A conveyor under the table then brings it back to the mine to start the process again.

I want to expand the coaling and also build more conveyors at the power station for fly ash removal.

My era is steam and at this stage I will look at buying any type of hopper car that has operational working doors on it. Im looking for about 10 more, (would prefer 2 different types, 1 type for coal and 1 for the flyash)
Is there any kits I can get, ready made models etc. Has anyone ever modified a standard hopper car to do this, and if so what did you do?

Im open to all suggestions!

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Martin

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Have you checked Fleischmann?

They have a large selection of hooper wagons. Models 5521, 5514, 5525, 5521 all self unloading.
You might also want to check the automatic unloading ramp for these hoopers. 6482

cheers
Baykal

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Baycal

Thats got me on the tracks again the faller 941 looks like the 5525. Have you got any of these yourself and if so any problems with them. I am planning to add about 60 grams of lead to mine over the axles to give it more weight because when the arms under the hopper car actuate to open the doors they sometimes de-rail.

Had a look at the in ground hopper too looks very promising for my flyash.

Thanks for that,

Martin

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
I have some Liliput ones with side opening doors, but they don't have the release arms like the FLM - should be easy to add the arms - could be another alternative for you to look for.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes very interested in the Liliput ones. Got any links or info you can pass on thanks.

These are the hopper cars.

If you can help that would be really appreciated or have any better ideas.

Thanks

Martin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts