Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new so if this is in the wrong spot I apologize.
I'm am after a Hornby Duchess tender chassis (plastic, tender driven) part no s4539 according to the service sheet.
Would like a black one if possible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE (Makemineadouble @ 23 Mar 2008, 09:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Model Spares Burnley would be my first choice for spares, be quick Barry is retiring.

Are you saying Barrie Marsh is retiring without selling his modelspares business, or has someone bought it?

Be careful with Duchess/ Princess chassis, there are several types with valvegear and other variations

·
Registered
189 Posts
E bay is a great source of parts and searching is possible under its search engines. It takes time but you do get familiar with the buying and use paypal to make payments. Be careful to check the postage cost and soemtimes I try to combine items for a postage saving. My hobby involves lots of getting and fixing odds and sods of 00 guage locos and carriages all for my owm use and not for resale.

See my post

http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index...?showtopic=5520

It is part of the fun in terms of fixing things.

On with the modelling

·
Registered
604 Posts
QUOTE (6245mick @ 21 Mar 2008, 13:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi I am new so if this is in the wrong spot I apologize.
I'm am after a Hornby Duchess tender chassis (plastic, tender driven) part no s4539 according to the service sheet.
Would like a black one if possible.

I have an amost complete duchess, v. old Triang that is not doing anything. All the bits are there but it will not run on finescale track, I am an LNER modeller so I have no use for it. Will swap for anything suitable.

·
Registered
213 Posts
QUOTE (patrick draper @ 4 Nov 2008, 21:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have an amost complete duchess, v. old Triang that is not doing anything. All the bits are there but it will not run on finescale track

That's not a Duchess,-it's a Princess,-a totally different model..

6245Mick, -have you tried East Kent Models?,-phone 01227 770777

1 - 7 of 7 Posts