Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice pictures of the new Bachmann SceneCraft buildings and the NRM prototype Deltic loco:-

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I must admit if things are behind glass I normally avoid taking pictures however had I known that they were to be as sharp as this I would have teken more!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
In depth idiot
7,685 Posts
Thanks Gary. With DP1 looking good at G1 size on my PC, I can confidently take the Dapol kit body off its' chassis, and reunite with the set aside Bach body for conversion to DP2. Now what time will elapse before one of these emerges RTR?

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I don't know if it's me or an effect of being behind glass but Deltic appears to be a tadge on the dark side.

Regards

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE but Deltic appears to be a tadge on the dark side.
The photo shows the Deltic to be a lighter colour than it appeared to me at the show. I did think it was a bit darker than I remembered from a photo I took at the NRM and which is in the gallery - here. Peter's photo set included a Deltic built to a much larger scale but the blue looked pretty much the same as the Bachmann model. The publicity photo on the NRM website is much lighter and closer to my "memory" colour.

So the question is, "which one is right?". If you can trust the colour fidelity of my Sony digicam taking a still, then it's the NRM shot since this taken in natural lighting conditions even though it was a really foul day, in fact so foul that few trains were running on the ECML that day due to high winds. But then, surely Bachmann and the NRM will have got the colour right and why is the large scale model also that dark blue colour? The conclusion I have come to is that the two models at the NEC were not being viewed under good lighting conditions so it's not possible to form a final judgement.

David

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
QUOTE The conclusion I have come to is that the two models at the NEC were not being viewed under good lighting conditions so it's not possible to form a final judgement.

I overheard comments about the lighting several times. The nature of the show lighting meant that it was difficult to judge colours in the hall.

QUOTE Nice pic's Gary. You must have a decent camera there.

In terms of the picture quality I use the Macro setting for close up work. No fuzziness if this is used. Becuase 99% of my pictures use the Macro setting I went for a camera that had exceptional Macro features and which came out well in reviews for its Macro photography. I did not want to use the flash for the Deltic shots. Using the glass to steady the camera helped with the longer expsoure required.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE I did not want to use the flash for the Deltic shots. Using the glass to steady the camera helped with the longer expsoure required.

I take my hat off to you for that photo then!

I took a handheld shot of Townstreet's new ash plant and the best my Auto setting could manage was 1/15th at F1 and it's still grainy. Good enough for when I come to put the thing together, but not for posting. It's the same camera I use for my review photos, so it's not a totally hopeless camera.

David

·
Registered
50 Posts
I like the look of the flats and the southern style signal box, the flats remind me of the "modern" buildings that were in the Triang range.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tonyperks
When I saw the signal box I thought it was a Southern Box, lets hope the bring out a Southern one as they look good.
Did they have the 4CEP on show at the Bachmann stand ?

·
Registered
350 Posts
It's possible that my memory is playing tricks on me - wouldn't be the first time - but weren't the 'whiskers' and plastic side trim strips on the prototype Deltic either white or cream, rather than the yellow that appears in the model photos? That's how I remember it when we watched it on its Eastern Region trials.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts