Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Hornby Magazine lads (black 5 man etc) all ran when they saw me taking pictures leaving the girls to run the show! I took up my show offer subscription late on Sunday afternoon as the stand had massive crowds all show and the word is Hornby Magazine are very pleased with their show debut!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 4 Dec 2007, 10:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Hornby Magazine lads (black 5 man etc) all ran when they saw me taking pictures leaving the girls to run the show!

It must be your reputation! (tongue so firmly in cheek it hurts). Nice to see the editors layout featured. Now if more people had young ladies on their stands what could that do for business? (Now in foxhole waiting for comments)

Regards

·
Administrator
9,898 Posts
The thing that struck me about the layout was how smoothly the locomotives were running.

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE The Hornby Magazine lads (black 5 man etc) all ran when they saw me taking pictures leaving the girls to run the show! I took up my show offer subscription late on Sunday afternoon as the stand had massive crowds all show and the word is Hornby Magazine are very pleased with their show debut!

Shame as there are some questions I'd like to ask about their additional postage rates for single issues. While they have knocked this off the annual subscriptions on a single issue it is still 4.25 pounds raising the price to 7.60 quid. (note I have not rounded this up to 8 quid as someone thought that adding another 40p on was a gross exageration of the price) Peco doesn't charge this for back issues of RM or CM so why do they?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yes I'd like to subscribe but getting on for $20 an issue is a bit steep.
Unlike Neil I'm still prone to a little exaggeration!
$17.92 currently.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe the girls are part of the editorial team!

Its a new world out there and those who believe that model railway magazines are produced by men approaching retirement should think again judging by the magazine representation present on all the mag stands!

Some of the magazine staff would even make some of the MRF meet up guys feel old (forgetting me for a moment)!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (ozwarrior @ 5 Dec 2007, 09:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes I'd like to subscribe but getting on for $20 an issue is a bit steep.
Unlike Neil I'm still prone to a little exaggeration!
$17.92 currently.

I ended up subscribing as it is now 61.80 pounds for a subscription to Australia. I have only found it once in the shops here and had been buying back issues which at nearly $20 is too high. I have paid thios though as it is such a good magazine. The subscription makes it 5.15 per issue which is better than 7.60, but still way in excess of what Railway Modeller costs at 3.50 pounds as a back issue and 4.95 on subscription.

·
Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 4 Dec 2007, 22:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe the girls are part of the editorial team!

Its a new world out there and those who believe that model railway magazines are produced by men approaching retirement should think again judging by the magazine representation present on all the mag stands!

Some of the magazine staff would even make some of the MRF meet up guys feel old (forgetting me for a moment)!

Happy modelling
Gary

Gary,

The 'girl' nearest to the camera is Mike's wife, Katie (or does she spell it Katey?). The other 'girl' is Kirsty who sells advertising space on the magazine. Both were in action at Glasgow at the weekend.

I don't know where Mike was when the pics were taken, but I wasn't at the show on Sunday. The trains run much better when we leave the girls in charge.

Black 5 Man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts