Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Bachmann Dynamis is for sale. The best deal is £70 at Totally Trains. Traders who have Dynamis expect to sell out by 11:00am. Dynamis simply will not be available for £70 ever again according to traders!

I purchased Dynamis for the £70 as did other Warley MRC club members. I'm as curious about its capabilities as everybody else!

Hornby's new Class 56 is on display and Hornby believe that their new diecast German loco is "simply stunning"!

Bachmann have very limited numbers of their latest club loco for sale to club members at the show. The last 30 in fact which they all expect to go! This loco has almost sold out in 12 days! You have to be a club member to purchase and you can sign up at the show. The NRM prototype Deltic is on display and we all agreed it is a fantastic model!

Hornby Magazine's "black 5 man" will be at the show and Hornby Magazine have a very special show offer. Why not mention you are from Model Rail Forum and would like to speak to "black 5 man"!

MERG's Gordon Hopkins is at the show and will look forward to meeting all Model Rail Forum members who have an interest in electronics and DCC.

The 40th anniversary show really is the biggest show Warley have put on and the largest model railway show ever held in the UK! There are exhibits that are simply stunning and some that will surprise!

All attendees will be taking part in an event that will be talked about for many years!

Happy modelling
Gary

PS don't forget the Model Rail Forum member meet up at 2pm on each day by the loco "Trangkil" in the center of the hall.

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
Hurrah!

I hope the weather improves. It's been raining for the last four and half hours down here and it's very soggy.

David

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks for the goss Gary.
Keep it up! It's much appreciated!

·
In depth idiot
7,662 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 30 Nov 2007, 20:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>..Hornby believe that their new diecast German loco is "simply stunning"! ..
As someone unable to go to Warley, could I ask someone attending to mention to Hornby representatives that something similarly 'stunning' might be worth a punt in UK outline.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (34C @ 1 Dec 2007, 22:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As someone unable to go to Warley, could I ask someone attending to mention to Hornby representatives that something similarly 'stunning' might be worth a punt in UK outline.
I've already told Simon Kohler this, however the more often he hears this the more likely it will become.

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE Isn't this where all the big companies announce something new and cool for Christmas or is that just a myth?

If anyone was hoping to make a big splash (there were plenty of BIG river bridges there for them to jump from
), then I didn't see them or they haven't stuck in my head. One new product which might excite some people is an "ash plant" from Townstreet and I've got one (or rather will have come the 25th.)

David

I see the invisible ink option is at work in this thread. Some will know what I mean; others will just have to log in more regularly

·
Registered
136 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 1 Dec 2007, 23:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I see the invisible ink option is at work in this thread. Some will know what I mean; others will just have to log in more regularly

David

I see what you mean but although I read the original post yesterday I can't remember what has been removed !!

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Manufacturers claim that they wish to be even handed with their suppliers and will be distributing Xmas goodies to stockists after the show. Not too sure how the Warley show management will take this as normally Warley does have new releases on offer for the first time. If I was the Warley show management I personally would be not overjoyed by this new philosophy of the manufacturers. So Class 56 and CR pack not for sale at show. As dwb has already said there was no real big splash this year from the majors that I could see although there are models on display that are very shortly due to be released such as the NRM Deltic and the Heljan 58's.

There are interesting things from the minors though and I plan to take pictures of items that are interesting (to me anyway) including a picture from the Hornby stand if Hornby permit!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 2 Dec 2007, 07:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Manufacturers claim that they wish to be even handed with their suppliers and will be distributing Xmas goodies to stockists after the show. Not too sure how the Warley show management will take this as normally Warley does have new releases on offer for the first time.

Surely that makes the playing field a bit more level to all of the stockists, not just the box shifters, after all, not every trader can attend Warley. (& I say this with my modellers hat on, not my traders).

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE Manufacturers claim that they wish to be even handed with their suppliers and will be distributing Xmas goodies to stockists after the show

Now you've got me wondering what "Xmas goodies" are since I could have bought the new Bachmann Jubilee which has only been on sale for a couple of days. I guess it doesn't include individual locomotives whose production will just run and run until the moulds are worn out.

David

·
Registered
763 Posts
After years of everyone seemingly moaning about everything being brought out just for Warley perhaps they've decided to take exactly the opposite approach and see how many people moan about nothing being available.
Seems from the buzz elsewhere that this year has been a bit of a damp squib in most respects, not just the lack of new releases.
Ho Hum roll on Doncaster/Harrogate in February whichever venue they're using this year.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Certainly last year Heljan made some major announcements about 58, Clayton 17 and Falcon. Was expecting they may have announced something this year?

As to models being made available to all stockists at the same time and not just those at Warley- surely this makes sense to impoverished shops in our high street,where you can visit many times a year, instead of just once as at Warley.

However strong suspicion is the manufacturers just got their timings wrong and the 56s are on a slow boat from China.

Russell

·
Registered
982 Posts
Reading other forums it would seem that the only news is that a later bodied 26 will be available from Heljan next year and that Heljan are asking if they should diversify into n guage.

A later 26 , presumably with panneled over doors, would be very nice

Russell

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE Certainly last year Heljan made some major announcements about .... Falcon

Falcon body shells were on display on the Heljan stand

David

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It was good to see Pete Waterman dining in the same NEC retaurant with the rest of the exhibitors. Pete had something in common with one of the Warley MRC members on the Saturday however the member made it to page 47 of the local rag and Pete made it to page 1. There is another Warley MRC member with a Pete Waterman claim to fame. At last years show Pete drove home with the members coat in his car boot!

Happy modelling
Gary

1 - 16 of 16 Posts