Model Railway Forum banner

Warley Meet Up Photos 2007

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  5696Arethusa 
#1 ·
Well here is the photo of those of us who met up on the saturday:

Big thanks to my dad for 'voluntering' to take our group photo

From left to right its (Forum name in brackets if its differnet): Richard (Jennings), Brian, Gary, Andii (5696Arethusa), Rob (80class), Peter (Pedromorgan), Alistair

If i have not put your correct name / forum name on just PM and i'll change it ... My scribble yesterday is a little hard to read

See less See more
#2 ·
Now I just feel old! Nice pic and good on all of you for having the courage to do it.

David

#3 ·
And these are the brave souls that showed for the meet on Sunday

L-R Brian(Bro_Sewell), Gary, Martin Mills(Millsie) {he's new and hasn't posted yet}, Andii(5696Arethusa), Peter(Pedromorgan), Ian(Wiggy25) and last but not least and also not amember yet Ians Dad.
Thanks to Sean for taking the photo also not a member yet.
A great time was had by all, it was nice to meet some of you in person.
Once I.ve had a chance to digest the pictures I took today I'll post some on here, unfortunatly work is going to get in the wat so it'll be Tuesday by the time I get it done.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
I did not realise that Model Rail Forum has such a young membership expecting those who turned up to be in their 70's!

Rather than being born in the 70's!

And what a knowledgeable bunch. And we all seemed to have shared interests with all (including myself) having eyes on similar models at the show!

Hornby's Simon Kohler had to be very impressed with the common sense ideas coming forward from the group (ie no mention at all of Blue Pullman)!

And for the joined up handwriting!

Pity we missed Bachmann's Dennis Lovett as he enjoys meeting level headed forum members however a trip behind one of the Warley exhibition layouts prooved very popular.

Respect to all who turned up.

Happy modelling
Gary

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (Gary @ 3 Dec 2007, 07:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I did not realise that Model Rail Forum has such a young membership expecting those who turned up to be in their 70's!

Respect to all who turned up.

Happy modelling
Gary
Yes I was surprised by that too. It's great to see young people in the hobby. When I go to BRMA meetings here I am one of the youngest people there and I'm 43!

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Maybe some of us should change our perception of the age of folk who participate in forums! I have changed mine!

A similar photoshoot in another forum suggests an even younger audience!

This has to be very interesting for those manufacturers who monitor forums!

Could this is why D & E makes for popular discussion in forums?

It would be interesting to learn if there is broadly a link between age range and interests.

Happy modelling
Gary

#9 ·
QUOTE (Gary @ 2 Dec 2007, 20:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I did not realise that Model Rail Forum has such a young membership expecting those who turned up to be in their 70's!

I'm not even in my fifties (quite, before dbclass50 says anything) and some of those faces could, technically, be my children.

QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 2 Dec 2007, 21:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes I was surprised by that too. It's great to see young people in the hobby. When I go to BRMA meetings here I am one of the youngest people there and I'm 43!

You young whippersnapper!!
but I do know what you mean.

Regards

#11 ·
QUOTE (Gary @ 3 Dec 2007, 08:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe some of us should change our perception of the age of folk who participate in forums! I have changed mine!

A similar photoshoot in another forum suggests an even younger audience!

This has to be very interesting for those manufacturers who monitor forums!

Could this is why D & E makes for popular discussion in forums?

It would be interesting to learn if there is broadly a link between age range and interests.

Happy modelling
Gary

Well you'd be hard pushed to prove any link with Brian(Bro_Sewell) and me as we are both born in the '70s grew up in the "Blue" era and own 1 Blue loco out of about 120 between us. I have 8 diesels and no electrics and Bro has 2 diesels and no electrics, the rest are glorious steam from the Grouping onwards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.