Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are around 40 pictures of continental exhibits at the show in all scales and layout sizes. Allow a few seconds for all the images to download. Bridges appeared to be a common theme on many layouts with some spectactular examples on display. Look out for the bombed out 1940's German town about half way down which was eye catching:-

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Great stuff and what a variety - mind you I'm not sure that the war time layout is Germany, it reminds me of occupied France based partly on the stock and partly on the Paris bus in one of the photos.

The bridges really are spectacular particularily the one in the first photo just superb.

It's also interesting to see the variety of prototypes modelled.

Regards

·
Registered
574 Posts
Not sure about the War time one either. I don't wat to be critical, however, with all the unpainted plastic soldiers, it looks very amaturish. It's a very hard look to get right and maybe it's just the photos, but that ones a long way from it...

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
The war time layout was stand C29 - Zertrummelt - and is N gauge situated in North West Germany circa June 1945. I watched this for a while and was fascinated by some of the detail like the repaired road bridge over the river at the back of the layout. I don't recall noticing that any of the figures were unpainted. Now that might be because my eyesight's not too hot these days though I was wearing my glasses or that the figures were indeed painted.

Having seen the comment first while the photos loaded, I have taken a close-ish look and I think that the photo the detail for the figures has "burned out". You only get 256 levels of brightness in a digital photo, so inevitably in a high contrast scene something's got to give. This is why High Dynanic Range is such a buzz word in the digital graphics world at the moment.

It's a tribute to the standard of the models that it is actually very hard to tell from a photo what scale has been used.

That large bridge in the first set is also N gauge and long enough to swallow a whole train.

Great photos Gary, thanks for posting them.

David

·
Registered
436 Posts
It's good to see overseas stuff also. As someone's already mentioned a well done bridge is really a show-stopper! I think it makes Warley a must see.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yes some interesting layouts, my favourites were the Three G scale ones but they all were worth watching.
This one was was good but I felt required a bit more detailing yet and something to hide the fiddleyards and all that wood as it was very distracting.
Nice showcase for models with sound and the design of the coal branch is very good, packing a lot in without looking silly.

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE the design of the coal branch
Shunting coal trucks with Mallets!

David

·
Registered
574 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 4 Dec 2007, 22:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Here is a blow up shot from the original master image of one of the wartime layout pictures. Remember this is N gauge!:-

Happy modelling
Gary
You were right about the detail being burnt out in the pics. Probably a 100 time better in real life...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts