Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
There are several layouts about that feature a winter setting. Two have appeared in Railway Modeller in the last couple of years. The other I know of is owned by someone at a local MR club and is a 'Thomas' based layout. One section of this has been done as a 'Winter Scene' to contrast with the rest of the layout. (Recall the story where Thomas gets stuck in a snowdrift? - It's closely based on that.)
Regards,
John Webb
(PS I suspect we model the sunny periods because it's those we remember most! And having done some good modelling we don't want to then cover it up with a layer of snow - mind you it's one way of covering up track with the wrong sleeper spacing, of course.)

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Particularly for Doug, a bit more info on layouts with 'Winter' settings.
(1) Hudson Road - first mentioned in Railway Modeller Nov 2003 and I think covered in more detail during 2004. Set in NE England around 1915-1920. 4mm model?
(2) Carlton Metals - shunting layout in 00 4mm scale. RM July 2003.
Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
I will always try to ask before I take a photo of a layout at an exhibition. Sometimes the operators appear to be having a problem and I am always reluctant to interrupt in such cases. Most of my photos are either of specific areas which have given me ideas for my own layout or a general view to remind me of the layout as a whole.

Regarding 'No touching' signs, one I have seen on a number of occasions reads along the lines of:
"This took many hours to build but the wrong touch can damage in seconds, please do not touch"
Regards,
John Webb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.