Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
oah i see. sorry i didnt realise you wernt the "author"!

Actually i checked this with someone and i am pretty certain that you cant get into trouble.

You only get into trouble if you try and sell the tape or try and sell replicas of the layout.

But i always ask permission of the layout owners before posting pics of their layouts on here. (sometimes they are very helpfull and go to great lengths to position the stock for the perfect picture!)

I dont think anyone would take a shakey video as an advert for the layout. if you were filming the punchups over the graded bachmann stuff then fair enough. i actually think i would be very flattered that someone would want to go to all the trouble of taking a video of my layout. no matter how shakey.

"The only people as far as I am aware that were authorised to make a video of the Warley National Model Railway Exhibition was Mark Found of The Railway Channel and certain public broadcasters who were present." no he would be the only person authorised to SELL video of the warley.....
You dont need permission to make video. its the same at any event. some people get snotty about it but they tend to either be employed in H&S or are on more than 1 comittiee!

its a very shakey law. more honered in the breach than in the observer.

In defence of the "author" i have seen footage from a well known model rail video publishers that was far worse. and they had the nerve to charge me £15 for it! that was the last railway video i bought. i will never get another.

Peter

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
hello doug. i asked many why they were operating DC and several layouts commented that their layout allows for both but they only ever use DC at exhibitions because it makes fault finding easier and was more reliable.

you cant see a problem with DCC on a multimeter with the exhibition opening in 5 mins!

Peter

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
29B i would agree with you if the pictures were to promote a layout. but i tend to take pictures to give me inspiration or of a particular idea where it really dosent matter about the quality.
i agree its not very flatering on the layout but exactly the same could be said of people. should we have laws saying celebs have to authorise evry single picture?
I suppose its all about whats fit for purpous.

I tend to find that the people who wont allow pictures are the sort of people who i wouldnt want to ask anyway.
Asking permission tends to open doors not close them.

on a slightly seperate note i was at Acton for an opening day lasy year and i was very amused when the bus photographers actually stopped talking to anyone and instead of waiting patiently for their picture started flapping their hands at people like some sort of epileptic Darlek!

manners indeed!

Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.